• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Miscellaneous News (Not to be confused with the Drama Thread)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why do they only release them so late though
I think they just waited to give out the numbers they had to give out and whatever was left has been put on sale. I am assuming there was one set already sold earlier and this is a second batch. If not, its even worse. I seem to recall some friends at work talking about booking tickets for the Ind-Pak game and flying out to Ahmedabad.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I think they just waited to give out the numbers they had to give out and whatever was left has been put on sale. I am assuming there was one set already sold earlier and this is a second batch. If not, its even worse. I seem to recall some friends at work talking about booking tickets for the Ind-Pak game and flying out to Ahmedabad.
Yes, Second batch

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not sold on Rizwan and feel at best, he is a try hard.

But this Pak team is very likeable and its great to see them received so well in India. :) Seeing such reception in Ahmedabad will really make it doubly sweet.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
The two big talking points of the WC so far are the poor crowds and the one sided matches.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
150 players in the World Cup 2023 by country of birth,

23 South Africa
18 India
15 Afghanistan
15 Bangladesh
15 England
15 Pakistan
15 Sri Lanka
14 New Zealand
13 Australia
5 Netherlands
1 Hong Kong
1 Tonga

Punk01

School Boy/Girl Captain
The two big talking points of the WC so far are the poor crowds and the one sided matches.
No-1 crowd is good or even more than english crowd , its just that stadiums have large capacity unlike england stadiums where 15k people make us feel like theres a lot of people or its housefull lol

No-2 yes matches have been oneside , but u have already seen 2 big upsets till now , that makes it fun, also theres no advantage of toss , thats very important unlike t20 wc in dubai/uae

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I love the lights and laser stuff.. They are super awesome. I suppose they can be at the end after a team has won than mid-innings though.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Last edited:

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
So much for sections of the media saying there wasn't much interest in the tournament.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
So much for sections of the media saying there wasn't much interest in the tournament.
Because World Cup started a little slow.

Opening match was held at crazy big stadium and that too without the hosts plus on a hot midweek day. Attendance was only like 35,000 by the evening. It caused certain journalists to form the narrative that the world cup didn't have much interest. And their narrative was backed up in the first 7 days when the attendances were relatively moderate for neutral games.

But Ind v pak is probably when Indian public came alive and got right behind the cricket world cup. Since then attendances have generally been good and there's been a huge interest!

It's such a long world cup that it was always silly of certain sections of media to jump to conclusions based on the first week. And now they are all being proved wrong. Even the games are starting to have closer results. ODI format is proving to be a great blend of test and t20 skills

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, think a few of the earlier games with poor attendances created a narrative that took hold and hasn't let up despite the fact that most of the crowds since then having been great. Some of the neutral games (Eng vs SA which I attended for example) and a few of the Afghani games got surprisingly good turnouts. Pleased to see it tbh.