• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Memories of The Ashes 1974/75

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I still watch the highlights of this series every year. England lost 4-1 but it brings back great memories and you get to see David Lloyd take one in the nads.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ashley Mallett was a fine bowler IMO - about as good a fingerspinner as one's likely to see.

pasag

RTDAS
Have highlights of the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Tests which I haven't got around to watching yet. Each one is about an hour.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Have highlights of the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Tests which I haven't got around to watching yet. Each one is about an hour.

I've got similar length highlights of all 6 Tests. You can tell it was an Australian release though as they conveniently leave out England's best day of the series when they bowled out Australia for about 150 on the first day of the Final Test.8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, I don't know what anyone'd expect - that was an Australian series. If you want a series in which you see England reversing the fortunes, watch 1977.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't like anyone being put in discomfort. And I feel it's pretty damn insensitive to take delight in it.

Sure, I bet David Lloyd might laugh about it now, but I hate those who aren't on the receiving-end laughing when everyone knows they'd not be should they ever be.

PY

International Coach
Burn Baby Burn is a pretty good song I find.

Anyway, it's human nature to find someone being hit in the nads funny, especially as the person involved finds it pretty funny.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You appear to have misunderstood a simple post: that was "I'll ignore that stupid comment".