• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mediocre cricketers who you support

Jayro

U19 12th Man
More from England - Roni Irani, Adam Hollioake, Alex Tudor, Mark Ramprakash, Mark Ilham., Robert Craft, Neil Fairbrother (I think he was excellent limited over player though) , Phil deferetes, Paul Jarvis.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
More from England - Roni Irani, Adam Hollioake, Alex Tudor, Mark Ramprakash, Mark Ilham., Robert Craft, Neil Fairbrother (I think he was excellent limited over player though) , Phil deferetes, Paul Jarvis.
You should do it the other way round for England tbh. Name the non-mediocre players, the list will be smaller :ph34r:

In reality, i've loved every bits-and-pieces player that England has used in the past.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think either was ever really a mediocre player but these two guys ended up with mediocre records - Graeme Hick and Carl Hooper.

Batsmen who could play both extreme pace and spin as if they had 10 minutes to play their shots, oooze elegance with all of their strokeplay, catch blinders at second slip so very casually, and bowl decent offspin. Yet such middling records. :(

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mark Ilham - a merger of Mark Ealham and Mark Ilott. That'd be a fantastic Thames estuary cricketer.

Jayro

U19 12th Man
I dont think either was ever really a mediocre player but these two guys ended up with mediocre records - Graeme Hick and Carl Hooper.

Batsmen who could play both extreme pace and spin as if they had 10 minutes to play their shots, oooze elegance with all of their strokeplay, catch blinders at second slip so very casually, and bowl decent offspin. Yet such middling records. :(
Compared to how good they seem on eyes it's a given that they performed below par.