• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matthew Hayden Retires - Tribute Thread ***Breaking News***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was an approach which largely worked, though occasionally came unstuck. Most notably for Hayden, during the 2005 Ashes series he was troubled by the pace and swing of England's rejuvenated and mint-powered attack.
:lol:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never forget mate, never forget.....

It's the only explanation which stands up for that result :ph34r:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The Colossus of Roads

A bit late given he retired nigh on a month ago, but anyway:

Cricket Web - Features: The Colossus of Roads
But...(and I wanted to keep my but to a new post so as not to overshadow the praise)

"Hayden's muscular stroke play hardly evoked memories of Alan Kippax or David Gower, left-handers regarded highly for their elegance."

...Kippax was a right hander. Change Alan Kippax to Frank Woolley and you're golden.

GilchristFtw

Cricket Spectator
Great effort Haydos (even though he retired a while ago)
I hope you have a great retirement and spend more time with your kids, you truely amazed me Haydos