• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Waugh vs Rohit Sharma (ODIs)

Better ODI batsman

• Rohit Sharma

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Mark Waugh

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Cant Split

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I voted 'can't split' as well. Mark Waugh was more consistent in ODIs than Rohit who is in a new avatar now and can hit those sixes better than Waugh. I am not sure how their era adjusted average and strike rate looks like.

Both are good backup openers to Tendulkar and Gilchrist with Jayasuriya in the mix and will get into the team based on the make-up of the team. I will have Rohit for Gilchrist and Waugh for Tendulkar as backups.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really hard to argue against Rohit, 3 double tons in the format FFS

Mark Waugh did have a couple of really amazing WCs though back to back though

Victor Ian

International Coach
Really hard to argue against Rohit, 3 double tons in the format FFS

Mark Waugh did have a couple of really amazing WCs though back to back though
What would Mark Waugh's Centuries turn into if you took all his 2's and threes and converted them into 4's and took half his 4's and turned them into 6's?

And you could probably say half of his 50's would be centuries in modern conditions. Nevertheless, Mark didn't tend to go big. He liked losing his wicket after he had done the job.

ODI is too hard for me to compare across era's. But still...3 double hundreds is just bloody stupid.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohit has the records but it's really hard to rate anyone in this era at all. Batting in the last 3-4 years has gotten so simple that it's impossible to tell how good any batsman really is because their averages are inflated like the corpse of a five day dead cow.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****, I’d hate to see how bad our current ODI blokes would be in a harder era then.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Rohit's record in big tournaments counts against him a bit here tbh. Giving it to MWaugh.