• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mankads

Do you think mankads are against the spirit of the game?

• Yes

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 84.3%

• Total voters

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Well let's be honest, how do you know they wouldn't have left the crease if the bowler pretended to bowl it and waited for them which has been what happened in most of the recent mankad controversies
- if you look at 37 seconds - the very front of Deepti Sharma's foot begins to land and Charlie Dean is already out of her crease. The move might have been pre-meditated but I don't see that as a slight on Sharma but rather on Dean if you are stealing ground so consistently and obviously that a bowler could run in and mankad you knowing you'd be out of your crease before any time that anyone could expect Sharma to deliver the ball.

Peter Della Penna also done an analysis showing the ground being stolen tended to depend on who was at the other end and how far into the over it was.

Keemo Paul doesn't even go into his action during his run-up so not sure he can been seen as having pretended to bowl.

- Stop at about 10 and a half seconds and Buttler is out of his crease, albeit only marginally just as Senanayake is about to stop. No doubt stopping exaggerates the distance he is out of his ground by but he is still out of his crease before any point that Senanayake could be expected to deliver the ball.

Maybe Kohli or other batters would be out of their crease if bowlers pretended to mankad but its not the reason that many of the batters getting mankaded now are getting dismissed.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interestingly, in last night Aus vs SL game, the Cricnfo comms repeatedly mentioned that the SL batsmen were going very far out of the crease before the ball was delivered. I bet if there's one team you'll get away with it against, it's Australia.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interestingly, in last night Aus vs SL game, the Cricnfo comms repeatedly mentioned that the SL batsmen were going very far out of the crease before the ball was delivered. I bet if there's one team you'll get away with it against, it's Australia.
I reckon Maxwell could be a mankadder.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True, Australia far too honourable for such a lowly act. They would never cross the line.

What's that? Underarm? What underarm?

cnerd123

likes this
England too tbf

Shri

Mr. Glass
when we mankad nz to win the wc on the final

cry about that next after 3 years about a deflection