• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Manchester United FC

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I say drop Van the man, Rooney and Owen are both better players and a lot better combination, let Van Nisterooy sit on the bench. I guess playing Rooney in the MF is another option he pretty much played a wide attacking position last season.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Look at the late actor who played Taggart.

Look at "Sir" Alex...
Don't consider him worthy of his knighthood?

He did virtually win everything he could (bar UEFA Cup or maybe the League Cup) at United, and he did break the Celtic-Rangers stronghold to win the SPL and the Cup Winners Cup with Abeerdeen who are probably be a deecnt side in the Coca Cola Championship now.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Rooney in midfield?!!!

Next you've be recommending Fortune or O'Shea plays left back and Phil Neville centre midfield.
Haven't they already done so?

I remember Rooney playing on the right of midfield with Everton.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Don't consider him worthy of his knighthood?
No, he was knighted because he was fairly cool at the time for winning 1 measly European Cup and Tony Blair wanted to appear cool to the population.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
Only if Glazier Americanises everything (which he may or may not do). If he changes the name of everything, I'm going over. Until he does, however, I'm not against him.
even so tom i'm still againts Glazer, but their not much i can to about him being incharge now :dry:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He's won a lot of domestic titles though and winning with Aberdeen isn't easy to do I suspect.

Craig

World Traveller
Another silly move as they would only get one or two seasons out of him.

They are only trying to get him to boost sales to pay off their debt.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Craig said:
Haven't they already done so?

I remember Rooney playing on the right of midfield with Everton.
He's played in the midfield for Man Utd too but he starts up front.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
he and ronaldo take up the positions wide of van nistelrooy most of the time, esspecially in the big games.