• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LOOK OUT WORLD: Bangladesh is the future(COUNT THE YEAR 2007 IN TOO) World Champion

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator
We, the BD fans around the world, have got the necessary confidence in our beloved soldiers to announce clearly & loudly "We are the future champion of the World Cup, may even it be in this World Cup".

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
We, the BD fans around the world, have got the necessary confidence in our beloved soldiers to announce clearly & loudly "We are the future champion of the World Cup, may even it be in this World Cup".

Ah well - if they don't, you can rely on the English to make it through for you... :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bangladesh fans trying their best to imitate over-zealous Indian fans. Can't compete IMO, may be able to beat us in a cricket match, but you'll never take away our exaggerated nature.

*shakes fist angrily*

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Dude, I'm a BIG TIME BD cricket fan, there is no need to get soooooo over-excited right now!!!!!

This was just one match. I'm sure the coach knows better than you or me.
I still don't have much faith in Tamim yet. Yes he is a classy batsmen as it looks now, but he doesn't look as solid when playing defense and all the more protective shots.
Let's face it, both Ashraful and Aftab started the same way.

Until the batsmen are better and more consistant, I wouldn't call out a WC win in the near future yet.....I would however definitely hold them as a contender of the 2011 cup at the current moment!!!!! But until we see what is to follow to the lead up to the next cup, calling such big shots is really a risk and building one's downfall. So let's chill for a while and enjoy cricket without being over-enthusiastic about just one win :happy:!!!!!

Hopefully Bangladesh will win more matches in this World Cup against bigger and better opponents :cool:!!!!!

PhoenixFire

International Coach
They have a good young side, I don't see why they couldn't be as good as NZ are now, in 5/6 years time tbh.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
ok, good luck with that

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Have to say I saw this coming a mile off, Bangladesh are geting better every game and I'm looking forward to seeing the Bangladesh Vs Sri Lanka game,

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bangladesh World Cup winners in 2011 imo.
Bit much, but they'll be competitive come '11.
Far from impossible. Definite contenders.
Contenders in this cup imo...well...semi-final contenders anyway
They have a good young side, I don't see why they couldn't be as good as NZ are now, in 5/6 years time tbh.
Have to say I saw this coming a mile off, Bangladesh are geting better every game and I'm looking forward to seeing the Bangladesh Vs Sri Lanka game,
D'you guys know the meaning of "overreaction"? Or "getting caught up in the heat of the moment"?

If they play like this for the next year maybe we can start talking. But right now they've won one single game. Get some perspective. They did more than this in late 2003 and look where they were a year later.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wonder what you think you fans' confidence means to the chances?

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Building it up to have it all blown in your faces eh?
Seriously, Bangladesh played well, but we need to tone it down a notch or two.
Great they beat New Zealand and India. But that is not just it!

First lets see if they can qualify for the Super-8s. Because if India wins against Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh loses to Sri Lanka and then wins against Bermuda, I can put it down right now that India and Sri Lanka will progress on to the next round for Bangladesh's NRR would be nowhere near to Sri Lanka's or India's.

So why say so much now :wacko:?????