• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Laxman has lost it

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
V Reddy, I was referring to a quote from The Simpsons. Apu said, "The KwikiMart is a harse mistress", when he's explaining that 17 hour days and no holidays are common for him.

tooextracool

International Coach
Will Scarlet said:
Tendulkar's form against the Aussies in recent series has been rubbish. In the last series in AUS he was only saved by a double ton in one match, when things were already pretty rosey, I think.

And let's not forget that Australia has the best bowling attack in world cricket!
to be fair, the bowling attack that tendulkar played in aus was complete rubbish; macgill, b.lee, bracken,williams, bichel and a half fit gillespie dont exactly send shivers down anyones spine.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
tooextracool said:
to be fair, the bowling attack that tendulkar played in aus was complete rubbish; macgill, b.lee, bracken,williams, bichel and a half fit gillespie dont exactly send shivers down anyones spine.
This is very true, and probably the only reason the test series was drawn.

I was talking about the current strength of the AUS bowling line-up, being the reason for the failure of the Indian batting failure.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Will Scarlet said:
This is very true, and probably the only reason the test series was drawn.

I was talking about the current strength of the AUS bowling line-up, being the reason for the failure of the Indian batting failure.
And why did Australia lose the 2001 series in India, with pretty much same attack ?? Give the credit where it is due, I would be the first one if some Indian comes here and starts giving excuses for our defeat in current series but it is equally stupid if someone doesn't give enough credit to Indian players for their performance in Australia.

Last edited:

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
For starters I don't support Australia, so I'm not being biased. I wanted India to win that series.

Australia's bowling attack when India toured was crippled by injuries. I don't believe India would have feared nearly as well if AUS had their full strength bowling attack. You could say that the current series is a more accurate reflection of the teams, except that India has a few injuries this time around.

India beat Australia fair and square in 2001 by playing better cricket, and Laxman had a lot to do with this, obviously.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Will Scarlet said:
Tendulkar's form against the Aussies in recent series has been rubbish. In the last series in AUS he was only saved by a double ton in one match, when things were already pretty rosey, I think.
Although his form hasn't been great, when Tendulkar walked out in Sydney, India were in trouble. Sehwag, Chopra and Dravid had fallen, and Sachin was completely out of form. That innings in Sydney was so gutsy, and was pure determination. Without Sachin's knock (and Laxman's at the other end), India would of likely lost that match. He came in at a crucial time.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Sanz said:
And if I am not wrong Laxman played for India.

Which is why India performed so well in that series, as I was saying. I'm not one for putting down quality players like Laxman unnecessarily. I hope he scores runs in the fourth test and salvages some pride for India.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
Although his form hasn't been great, when Tendulkar walked out in Sydney, India were in trouble. Sehwag, Chopra and Dravid had fallen, and Sachin was completely out of form. That innings in Sydney was so gutsy, and was pure determination. Without Sachin's knock (and Laxman's at the other end), India would of likely lost that match. He came in at a crucial time.
And it was one of the ugliest innings I've seen him play, but showed he had some balls. Some times such innings are necessary for batsmen.

Despite this I don't rate his form in recent times, especially against Australia. I'd pick Dravid ahead of him any day.

tooextracool

International Coach
Jono said:
err dravid was still at the crease when tendulkar came into bat, and they were 130 odd for 2, certainly not what i would call trouble.

tooextracool

International Coach
Will Scarlet said:
Which is why India performed so well in that series, as I was saying. I'm not one for putting down quality players like Laxman unnecessarily. I hope he scores runs in the fourth test and salvages some pride for India.
actually it wasnt just laxman, dravid, harbhajan and even tendulkar played significant roles in winning that series.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
once you score a miraculous innings like 281, ppl expect a lot from you and I think that is the case for laxman. He had a bad series so far, then again shewag and kaif are only success so far.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I am sure Laxman will bounce back at some stage. I think he has good averages against every test nation. Everyone has a bad series at some stage. Hayden hasn't exactly set the world on fire with his performances and no one is calling for his head.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The problem is Laxman is not out of form, He is just stupid and careless. He does not value his wicket and never tries to defend it.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
The problem is Laxman is not out of form, He is just stupid and careless. He does not value his wicket and never tries to defend it.
But that probably isn't his style...

Dydl

International Debutant
He is an unusual and uncharacteristic slump, the selectors are only keeping him because of his reputation.

Craig

World Traveller
TendulkarFan said:
I also expect the Aussies to let their guard down a wee bit now that they have won the series. No way their intensity stays the same as in the first three tests.
Your dreaming sunshine.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanz said:
Which may be that he's in a difficult mental state at the moment for whatever personal reason. I would categorize that as lack of form.