• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latif involved in Racial Charge

V Reddy

International Debutant
Just heard that Latif has been charged for making racial comments against Gilchrist. In my opinion if Lehmann is punished then Latif should also be punished.

Cloete

International Captain
hahahahaha i dunno if i posted it here. but i did post it on A forum. but wat i said and i have had an opinion about is that the aussies take as good as they give. now that lehmann was "dobbed" in i will expect to see alot of other ppl "dobbed" in, but by the aussies. as if u ask the players when they play alot of the asian countries they get alot of abuse such as "white trash" and "white monkeys" etc. but previously the aussies never told n e 1 about it. if latif doesn't get atleast a 5 match ban then i will be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn ****ed off!!!!!!

Choora

State Regular
WCCC_SOMERSET said:
. as if u ask the players when they play alot of the asian countries they get alot of abuse such as "white trash" and "white monkeys" etc. but previously the aussies never told n e 1 about it. if latif doesn't get atleast a 5 match ban then i will be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn ****ed off!!!!!!
The Aussies never told about it but you still know that Asians have been calling Aussies white monkies:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cloete

International Captain
well they quetly told some ppl involved with the australian cricket team. and 1 of them was david hookes, who mentioned what the aussies had said to him!

Choora

State Regular
Doesn't sound convincing to me, if somone had called an Aussie player a "white Monkey" then they should have pin pointed that player instead of saying that Asians too have been calling us White monkey .This way they are trying to say that these kind of things happen and if McGrath had called Jaysuria a "black monkey" then its not a big deal.

And lastly, its important to know what exactly Rashid said before one can think of banning for 5 matches.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oh, it goes on, and now the Sri Lankans have opened the can of worms, I expect there to be a lot more common to see players banned for such comments.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We really need to know exactly what he said...

BTW... Let's make sure we keep this thread objective and don't descend into random unsubstantiated rumours/accusations.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
We really need to know exactly what he said...

BTW... Let's make sure we keep this thread objective and don't descend into random unsubstantiated rumours/accusations.
I whole-heartedly agree.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Stump Microphone evidence?

This thing is starting to have echoes of the Scott Muller "can't bowl, can't throw" saga...

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
well they quetly told some ppl involved with the australian cricket team
Aussies ? quite ? :wow:

Tony greig shed some light at the start of the SA match, it was supposed to be along the lines : "White....-something-"

He's been cleared though, this world cup is turning into a nasty soup.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
:lol:
I never considered that possibility. I thought that either Gilli heard Latif wrong, or Rashid was carefull..

If it wasnt a misunderstanding and Gilli made it up it's disgracefull.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Apparantly Gilli wants to sue the Aussies for defamation and has asked the PCB for permission to do the same.
change that to Rashid otherwise it would have been the news of the decade ;) hmmm if he really is not guilty then I guess it is ugly to get a bad name like that. Rashid should go ahead if he knows that his leg was being pulled here.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Gotchya said:
change that to Rashid otherwise it would have been the news of the decade ;) hmmm if he really is not guilty then I guess it is ugly to get a bad name like that. Rashid should go ahead if he knows that his leg was being pulled here.
Oops! I bet people will believe any story nowadays though!!

Most of these threats end up as just threats with no action taken.
But if Rashid said that in the heat of the moment it probably shows how irritated he's with Gilchrist. Maybe the two of them never really got down to talking and finding out who said what...

As a spectator, this probably shows that the Aussies are feeling hard done by the Lehmann incident, and are saying that they dont have a monopoly on racism..they're even hearing things.