• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lara Disappionted over pontings comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
THE G-TRAIN said:
This was back in the day when England actually had a chance against Australia,
Actually the current England side stands far more of a chance against Australia than that one did.

Andre

International Regular
THE G-TRAIN;

While you may not agree with what Eddie says, a lot of forum members respect his views, opinions and agree with what he says. It seems as though you are deliberately attempting to wind him up, and there is no need for this.

Please, let's stick to the topic, not play a schoolyard slanging match. It's not the first time in the last week or 2 Eddie has been targeted by some forum members (who know who they are). This will stop, please.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
Luckeddie I think you should go for Dopyeddie, you have provided nothing that I havent allready shown Ponting to have done.
Scallywag, as much as I agree with some of your opinions about our Ponting, you havent really come up with good examples of his captaincy. There are people who are beginning to get frustrated at you, because you seem to disregard everything that they say, but expect them to accept your examples. Try and be civil.

Linda

luckyeddie said:
Having already paid lip-service to the innovative field-settings of Nasser Hussain and the way Fleming uses his bowlers, I'll give you a few more examples of why captaincy isn't just winning the toss and deciding the batting order.

Diplomacy, handling players, handling potential flashpoints during the game

Good examples, Eddie. And I know Scallywag couldnt use the quote button, but I think he's learning, bless him, so where are the Fleming examples for pete's sake?
I'm going to keep asking until Scallywag gets what he deserves.

I think the G-Tram spiked his own punch, not ours.

Linda

orangepitch said:
1) I have never ever in all my posts at cricketweb mentioned anything regarding Flemings captaincy. The simple reason being that with the amount of cricket being played nowadays, I restrict my viewing to mainly India matches. So, not having watched nzl play that very often , I am in no position to comment on Flemings captaincy.

2) Secondly , I think we need to seperate the two issues of Captaincy and leadership.

Bringing together players of different backgrounds , creating team spirit ,instilling confidence in your players is leadership.

The field placings , bowling changes , plotting a batsmans fall etc come under captaincy.

And having watched India take on Australia so many times in the last year , i think ganguly has been a better captain than ponting .
1) The Fleming comment was not made for you, sorry if there was a missunderstanding. It was my first try (in vain) to get something out of these people.

2) Firstly, isnt 'leadership' just a part of captaincy? Granted, at times, it can seem a very small aspect of it, but its got to count for something.
Secondly, why are you brining this up with me? I used on-feild captaincy in my examples, as others were complaining that Scallywag's off-feild examples wern't "good-enough".

Status
Not open for further replies.