• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kohli stands down as Test captain

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was determined to be the test+ODI captain just one series ago. This is a ****ing mess and theres going to be plenty of stuff coming on about what's been happening between him/ganguly/bcci. Stupid af and a weird way to end the reign.

Definitely up there among our greatest captains flaws and all.

anil1405

International Captain
Perfect timing for Indian team to groom a deputy to Rohit for the next 2-3 years before that deputy takes over full time.

OverratedSanity

Also, there's no real successor on the way out. Kohli cares enough about tests to not leave without being sure there's a guy to take over. Rohit can't be made test captain by BCCI without looking dumb BCCI have said one guy cant captain across 3 formats. (Actually a magnificent **** you by Kohli to the BCCI if this is intentional).

The other candidates are KL Rahul who is not a test captain's arsehole and Kohli's smart enough imo to get that. And Rahane who isnt a test batsman's arsehole and Kohli (I think) gets that too. This is a hilarious ****show.

subshakerz

International Coach
Can't blame him. I think he feels he maxed out as captain. Plus there are a bunch of home series now so a good opportunity to groom a new captain.

Now he can concentrate on his batting finally. At the end of the day, he was a good captain who took India forward.

Daemon

The results speak for themselves, was at the helm of massive successes and a slow transition from crap overseas to a serious threat everywhere.

Hope he sticks around as a batsman and is back to his best soon.

Indian cricket appears to be back to a fragile state atm, management wise.

sunilz

International Regular
IND doesn't have any difficult overseas tour till 2024 . This is the right time to groom a new Test captain. Our focus now should be WT20 and ODI WC . We need Kohli the batsman now rather than captain.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Anyway if this brings back peak Kohli the batsman again soon somehow it's a good tradeoff.
Don't think his batting troubles stemmed from the captaincy. He's the sort of guy who thrives in the spotlight. I think we'll see him retire long before any of us thought he would. Probably with an avg of 45-47.

OverratedSanity

Don't think his batting troubles stemmed from the captaincy. He's the sort of guy who thrives in the spotlight. I think we'll see him retire long before any of us thought he would. Probably with an avg of 45-47.
Oh yeah I'm not saying it's some magic bandaid but can help take the load off for sure.