• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kohli and Shastri deserve to be sacked immediately

Shri

Mr. Glass
Despite being an Indian, I am screaming with joy at the proceedings. Hopefully this teaches the Indian selectors and Kohli himself to not be so consumed by nationalism and mistaken pride (the kind propagated by the current obnoxious BJP government). They also deserve this because of the general bias against South Indians and players of Muslim origin. The countless comments of hatred against the likes of Shami (despite him being miles better than overrated bowlers like Bumrah and Hardik), Karthik and Vijay show us how idiotic the majority of my countrymen seem to be.

As for the cricket, I propose the following lineup for Australia:

Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin (C), Karthik (VC), Bhuvneshwar, Shami, Umesh, Ishant.
THis post smells like it was freshly pulled out of a donkey's asshole.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm all for Shastri being replaced as coach but can't think of anyone else who can lead this team apart from Kohli. And the man's been brilliant inspite of all the weird teams selections, odd tactical moves and losing seemingly every toss. Seems to have the full support of the team, leads from the front, has been good with the media, his batting has gone to a whole other level. A good coach in his corner would help address the weak spots.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I very much believe Kohli is happiest with a spineless yes man as coach. Whether that is actually a good thing for anyone else in the Indian team is a different matter entirely though.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
So many parts of your post which is daft, I will highlight one - So you are saying there is currently racism towards Muslims in the Indian selection??!! Wtf. If they are racist to Muslims then they would be racist to Sikhs right? Kohli the captain is Sikh. Bumrah is Sikh. Dhawan is Sikh .... maybe you have an anti Sikh agenda "Steve Waugh" lol
Hearing it for the first time here and a little surprised to know about it. Is it some kind of joke or are they really Sikh?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So many parts of your post which is daft, I will highlight one - So you are saying there is currently racism towards Muslims in the Indian selection??!! Wtf. If they are racist to Muslims then they would be racist to Sikhs right? Kohli the captain is Sikh. Bumrah is Sikh. Dhawan is Sikh .... maybe you have an anti Sikh agenda "Steve Waugh" lol
By what kind of logic does being racist to Muslims automatically mean being racist to Sikhs too by default? Nazis were racist to Jews. That didn't mean they were racist to Japanese too.

Last edited:

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hearing it for the first time here and a little surprised to know about it. Is it some kind of joke or are they really Sikh?
Lol whats surprising? Kohli, Dhawan and Bumrah wear the "kara", a steel religious bangle worn on their wrists which the majority of Sikhs wear. And their names are all Sikh first names or surnames names as well. Dhawan's infamous leg slap celebration is a Sikh Jatt (caste) "dance", which is Dhawans caste.
Sehwag, Yuvraj and of course Harbajhan are some of the recent ones as well, normally a few in the team.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Racist towards muslims doesn't mean racist towards punjabis as weldone pointed out. Focus on racism towards muslims.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah. it's not like Shami has been the most selected pacer for India in the last 2 years or anything.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Despite being an Indian, I am screaming with joy at the proceedings. Hopefully this teaches the Indian selectors and Kohli himself to not be so consumed by nationalism and mistaken pride (the kind propagated by the current obnoxious BJP government). They also deserve this because of the general bias against South Indians and players of Muslim origin. The countless comments of hatred against the likes of Shami (despite him being miles better than overrated bowlers like Bumrah and Hardik), Karthik and Vijay show us how idiotic the majority of my countrymen seem to be.

As for the cricket, I propose the following lineup for Australia:

Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin (C), Karthik (VC), Bhuvneshwar, Shami, Umesh, Ishant.
What specific critisicm has Shami received? I read cricket articles all day long, he does not get any more or less than others. He was in the media for the wrong reasons recently, and failed a fitness test. DK was given the starting job this tour he lost his place, Vijay has been shocking for years now

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I'm sure Shastri gets pissed the proverbial three sheets every evening, making sage observations of "smash em boys!" in the dressing room. The guy has to have a fatty liver and a fatter (read impenetrably obtuse) brain.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone loved Kaif. Zak led us for ages. The Pathans were persisted with for far too long. Shami. Siraj is someone who's being given lots of chances. Idgi.