• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kapil Dev vs Jimmy 5nderson

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The same people who give Anderson **** for a high-ish average are very forgiving of Kapil averaging 30 in a lower-scoring period.

Can't say I'm surprised
Yeah but Kapil had to contend with Indian conditions*

*if Kapil had bowled more in Indian conditions his average would be lower but ssssh.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The same people who give Anderson **** for a high-ish average are very forgiving of Kapil averaging 30 in a lower-scoring period.

Can't say I'm surprised
Who are these people ftr? Almost everyone in this thread is rating Anderson higher.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, there is a marked difference in how their careers panned out. Anderson has become so much better in the second half of his career. While Kapil made a roaring start. 74 wickets at an average of 22.95 and SR of 48 in his second year of international cricket, most of those wickets coming at home (but also included his first tour to England where he was good - 16 wickets @ 30).

Victor Ian

International Coach
It would be an interesting exercise to see who was most improved from first half of cricket to second half. If we can figure out the right way to cull people we don't want there, this might be Anderson's champion defining stat.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Yeah but Kapil had to contend with Indian conditions*

*if Kapil had bowled more in Indian conditions his average would be lower but ssssh.
Dude, everyone is more at comfort in his home conditions, not all home conditions are equal though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
When I first saw this thread I thought who's Jimmy Sanderson?

Yeah, don't understand this, yes he did bowl in tough conditions but he was worse away. Yes he does have a good record against WI but it should be pointed out that the bare West Indies pitches would actually have been much closer to what he was used to bowling on rather than the seemingly favourable English conditions that he was dismal in.

Who said the Windies pitches in the 80s were "bare"?