• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You linked that thread here a few times now. Honestly, no-one gives a **** if you successfully guessed that spin wouldn't be too important in a T20 tournament on an inferior cricket forum. It has nothing to do with what you're saying now and it doesn't make you a guru.

TumTum

Banned
Have you ever seen Williamson play in home conditions? Because I'm pretty sure if you rated 20 year old Ponting's technique solely on games in India or Bangladesh you may find something different to how he actually plays.
No I did not. But batsman do not change that greatly depending on where they play.

Yeah, well the great thing about forums is that you can disagree. I'm not trying to take that right away from you. However, if you post stuff that a majority of members think is ridiculous, they'll call you out on it and take the piss out of you. People do it to me with the unusually high important I place on domestic performances when selecting international teams - I just cop it on the chin and move on because I know I don't have a popular opinion. Doesn't make me right, or wrong, but I know people will disagree with me and take the piss when I do it. I have accepted this, as should you with your (IMO) ridiculous attempts to judge batsmen's careers 15 years before they finish based on a couple of innings.
Well didn't I judge that Kane has a great technique based on his 9 ball duck? Please don't tell me what I can and cannot do.

Also I don't surrender to popular opinion, but the correct one.

Lol at Hussey, if anything he has developed his game of how to find the fielders...

TumTum

Banned
You linked that thread here a few times now. Honestly, no-one gives a **** if you successfully guessed that spin wouldn't be too important in a T20 tournament on an inferior cricket forum. It has nothing to do with what you're saying now and it doesn't make you a guru.
Sure, you can think that way :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well didn't I judge that Kane has a great technique based on his 9 ball duck? Please don't tell me what I can and cannot do.
Lol. Just lol.

Also I don't surrender to popular opinion, but the correct one.
I never suggested you should do otherwise. Did you actually read my whole post, or did you just read the first nine characters and decide you could predict the content of the rest of it based on that?

Lol at Hussey, if anything he has developed his game of how to find the fielders...
I'm talking about the transformation he made from a middling a Shield batsman to an awesome Test batsman; not what he's done since he fell away from that.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Regardless of whether you agree with TomTom or not, his method of absorbing his own stuff into other quotes from other people is dreadfully confusing.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder what TumTum's verdict would have been on Mark Richardson when he was 20. Kudos to him if he predicted he'd average 44 in Tests.

Edit: Vettori, too, for that matter.

TumTum

Banned
Lol. Just lol.

Lol what? Cat got your tongue?

I never suggested you should do otherwise. Did you actually read my whole post, or did you just read the first nine characters and decide you could predict the content of the rest of it based on that?

I just cop it on the chin and move on because I know I don't have a popular opinion

Um,,, yeah,,,,

I'm talking about the transformation he made from a middling a Shield batsman to an awesome Test batsman; not what he's done since he fell away from that.

Well I was talking about the timing and placement part of people's games, talk about not reading someone post properly...
imho

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
So your comparing Williamson to Tendulkar? Give me a break - Tendulkar was a freak, while Williamson is very good. Apples and oranges - that argument is redundant.

True, was just an example.

My perception of you being arrogant has nothing to do with whether or not you are "proven correct on many occasions" - this is the first time I've ever seen you post, so to me you come across as being wrong simply because you are.

Well as you get to understand me over a while, you might be surprised at how many thing I get correct (if not spot on). Check this thread out for example. Just like here I was being shot down by EVERYBODY, but in the end I had the last laugh.

If I were to judge your opion on a small sample, as you have done with Williamsons' technique, then admitting your comparison of Williamson to Tendulkar was a poor one, I would surmise that you are wrong more often that you are right. :dry:

Maybe you should try putting an "h" into imo... imo
As above

ringo16

Cricket Spectator
Well as you get to understand me over a while, you might be surprised at how many thing I get correct (if not spot on). Check this thread out for example. Just like here I was being shot down by EVERYBODY, but in the end I had the last laugh.
I don't know you, but in this case your prediction is going to be semi-right either way (and nobody will care). You pick at supposed flaws he has in his game before he's had a chance to show them, and at the same time say he'll finish with a world-class batting average of 47 - on NZ pitches probably higher than I would hope for from him, and I'm usually optimistic. One of those two scenarios is likely to play out, and you'll be chuffed about it.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
Copping it on the chin doesn't mean you change your opinion though. It just means you cop the fact that people are going to take the piss out of you.
I am not saying about changing my own opinion. I meant replying to all those comments, for which I am doing and will not stop :p

imho

TumTum

Banned
I don't know you, but in this case your prediction is going to be semi-right either way (and nobody will care). You pick at supposed flaws he has in his game before he's had a chance to show them, and at the same time say he'll finish with a world-class batting average of 47 - on NZ pitches higher than I would hope for from him, and I'm optimistic. One of those two scenarios is likely to play out, and you'll be chuffed about it.
He only has minor batting flaws, for which I have mentioned all. If I were to name ALL aspects of batting, trust me it will be a long list.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Again I don't agree with this.

For one thing Ponting was seen as a great talent at a very young age, much more so than Kane.
Well, I know for a fact that Williamson was spotted as a special talent from a very young age in New Zealand. His name has been whispered in fevered tones by NZ cricket fans since he was about 16, and he was easily our best player on the 2008 U19 tour to England, debuted in FC cricket at 17 and was dominating it by the age of 18.