• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

June 19 - Latvia vs Germany and Netherlands vs Czech Republic

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the biggest match of the tournament for me today. Czech republic (the team ive backed to win it) and Holland (the team im supporting) square off in a huge group D match. Id like to see Roy Maakay given a run in this game for holland, i dont think ruud can do it on his own up front. Czechs werent all that impressive against Latvia, but Nedved and co should step up tonight.

my predictions

Latvia 2-2 Germany
Holland 1-2 Czech Republic

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Germany should be a bit to good for Latvia.

Latvia 1 - Germany 3

I agree this looks to be one of the best matchups of the group stages (right up there with Spain-Portugal and France-England). Holland needs to start 2 stikers up front, because with the defenses going around in these champs, most of the time 1 is just not enough..

Holland 1 (RVN) - Czech Rep. (Nedved and Baros)

Simon

haha yeh i know what you mean, its gonna be a long night!
and theres still over 2 hours till the first game :(

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
1 nil to holland - goal should have been dissalowed for offside - how can the horse not have been interfering when he was trotting around in front of the goalie?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I want the Germans out - this just means they won't try in the next game to get the Germans out.

So I hope the Dutch get a draw. :D

Cloete

International Captain
0-0 Latvia v Germany:D

Latvia had alot of chances IMO, and atleast one of those challenges on Verpakovskis should have been a penalty!! And it was agreat save by Khan to deny him a brilliant goal early on!!

Hopefully the Czech's beat the Germans and the Latvians draw with the Dutch and we could see Czech Republic and Latvia go through :D

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
That would be great to see both the Dutch and the Germans miss out...but the Czechs and Dutch will go through.

Simon

i got the right results, just the scores wrong.....

lets hope the czechs and holland go through!

PY

International Coach
Holland v Czech Republic was one of the best games I've seen at a major championships for ages. I literally did not miss a kick because I thought I'd miss something.

I just wish the later stages were all like that. Although I thought the game was ruined slightly by the sending off which IMO was nothing. Oh well, you can't get them right all the time.