• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Joyce and marshall for the world cup?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not so sure about Marshall, never sits too well with me when ex-test players turn out for associates (didn't Clayton Lambert play for the US in a CT?), but seems unnecessarily pedantic to stick to the absolute letter of the law in Joyce's case, given he's a born and bred Irishman.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not so sure about Marshall, never sits too well with me when ex-test players turn out for associates (didn't Clayton Lambert play for the US in a CT?), but seems unnecessarily pedantic to stick to the absolute letter of the law in Joyce's case, given he's a born and bred Irishman.
I'm sure Ireland would gladly concede the Marshall point if they were allowed to pick Morgan - or in fact Joyce for the last four years. Fair game IMO.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Athough he'll get a game, i really don't think there's a spot for him in a full strength side. From most reports, he'll be focusing on some sort of coaching role within Cricket Ireland rather than a long term playing option.

Flem274*

123/5
Athough he'll get a game, i really don't think there's a spot for him in a full strength side. From most reports, he'll be focusing on some sort of coaching role within Cricket Ireland rather than a long term playing option.
Not sure you'd want Hamish Marshall coaching you tbf.:ph34r:

If he can regain anything like his old form, he'd have to be a shoo-in wouldn't he? Even now he'd happily bash around associates (but fail against top 8s).