• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Joel Wilson

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Backs up my impression that Chris Brown has been excellent every time i have seen him.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I wonder what the 2 reviews per innings changing to 3 review per innings (around 2020) would do to these stats?

Make the current ones look worse? than the 2010s guys? or better? They must be getting a few more speculators?

Cricket Bliss

School Boy/Girl Captain
Still remember 3 wrong decisions including blunders he gave during the first day of the first Test of the 2019 Ashes at Birmingham.
Watched him live during the 2023 World Cup between New Zealand and Sri Lanka at Bengaluru.

“Bradman of Umpires” 😂

Molehill

International Captain
A couple of other figures of note there. Reiffel has been umpiring the same period as Dharmasena and has a worse record.

The other one who stands out as being very decent from these stats is Rod Tucker.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
I wonder what the 2 reviews per innings changing to 3 review per innings (around 2020) would do to these stats?

Make the current ones look worse? than the 2010s guys? or better? They must be getting a few more speculators?
You would think that if there are more speculative reviews now that there are three per innings it would improve the stars of the present day umpires as a higher percentage of reviews will be borderline cases where the Players are taking a chance and the umpires are less likely to be obviously wrong outside of the ‘umpires call’ margin of error than previously.

Molehill

International Captain
You would think that if there are more speculative reviews now that there are three per innings it would improve the stars of the present day umpires as a higher percentage of reviews will be borderline cases where the Players are taking a chance and the umpires are less likely to be obviously wrong outside of the ‘umpires call’ margin of error than previously.
Agreed, if you're 7 down with 3 reviews left, you take a review on an lbw no matter what (or you should do anyway). There were a couple of those in the last England innings to Bumrah stonewall lbw's.

That's why it's best to judge those against their peers who have umpired for the same period. As I mentioned previously, Tucker comes out of this very well.