• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jasprit Bumrah vs Stuart Broad

Who is the better test bowler?

• Total voters

ma1978

International 12th Man
Bumrah

I realise this is is a spin off of the Warne / Steyn discussion. Longevity matters when you’re dealing with bowlers of comparable quality.

On quality, Bumrah is well ahead of Broad.

Spark

Global Moderator
Broad. I mean Bumrah is a magnificent bowler but there's the elephant in the room that he contributes precisely 0 wickets to a large portion of Tests India plays because he gets injured a lot which is a direct result of his action and the stresses it puts on his body compared to a more conventional fast bowling action. It's not a longevity thing, it's a straightforward "can you get on the park" question.

People used to make similar arguments in favour of Shane Bond and Zaheer Khan here and it made zero sense to me. There is no bowler so magnificent that they can win games they don't play in.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait until the dude finishes his career before making these threads where longevity of a player comes into question.

Fair play on both ends.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I usually agree with the longevity stuff but then I watch Bumrah and he is just so good. Not like he has only played a handful of tests either.
Why do you say it ?
Broad runs through sides in like 5 overs when he is on song .

ma1978

International 12th Man
So longevity all of a sudden taking back seat here. Clearly you have bias towards indian players
Ridiculous comment. The difference between Steyn and Warne is indistinguishable on quality and longevity factors.

The difference between Broad and Bumrah is massive on quality - seven points of average,

Sunil1z

International Regular
Ridiculous comment. The difference between Steyn and Warne is indistinguishable on quality and longevity factors.

The difference between Broad and Bumrah is massive on quality - seven points of average,
You are being biased here . Admit it 😊

I mean did you also rate Steve Smith better than Tendulkar when he was averaging 62 (8 points higher than Sachin), 3 years ago .