• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson vs Courtney Walsh

Better Bowler

• James Anderson

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Courtney Walsh

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters

Slifer

International Captain
Walsh for me, probably the most under-rated bowler of the last 30 years.
For me it would be Joel Garner. Similar stats to MM in terms of Ave and wpm but I guess not enough 5 fers and zero 10 fers. The only real hole are 4 tests at 43 vs India .

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
Says the person who started with a post that said "these are the words of my father", or something to that effect.
I am joking but my Dad has a great knowledge of cricket... Being honest how would I know, but Anderson is good but the argument is floored due to too many differences with rules and number of matches and conditions... I feel some of the pitches Walsh and Ambrose bowled were not as good as they are today... I have been educated but sad to say my Mitchell has retired. Cricket and beer are my Dads key vices and I have heard many great stories.

Bolo

State Captain
Walsh for me, probably the most under-rated bowler of the last 30 years.
Not without merit. Ended up as the leading wicket taker despite enormous amounts of competition. Got better and better as he watched his home tracks get flatter and flatter. Everyone else has magic to their bowling though, even Anderson who is a notch below. Walsh was more of an honest toiiler, just the best honest toiler ever