• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jacques Kallis vs Steve Waugh

Who was the greater test batsman?

• Jacques Kallis

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Steve Waugh

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not NZ I think.

My numbers suggest 31, 30, 27 and 29 in each innings respectively. Odd.
I would hazard a theory, might be rubbish, that these numbers don't necessarily indicate that 4th innings is easier to bat, but that 4th innings sees more conservative batting that bumps the average up compared to the 3rd.

Also 3rd innings would see more declarations and less tail enders batting than 4th, maybe?

Xix2565

International Debutant
Surely the average for 4th innings would be the lowest in nearly every country though
I was thinking about comparing the average 4th innings RPW in England to the one in NZ/Aus/India/etc. As in which one is the highest and lowest and so on.