• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there were non-cricketing reasons to drop players back then, the twitter parody account people should have been knocked off the team as well. They weren't because England needed them too damn much. Pietersen was more expendable. And I agree, he still is. That hasn't changed.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jonathan Agnew @Aggerscricket
I gather Strauss has confirmed to KP this evening that he will not be selected for England again.

the corns, they are popping

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Let's just travel Down Under into the minds of Boof or Michael Clarke. You've woken up, grabbed a shower, checked the papers/Twitter. They're going mad. KP's just smashed 300 in a county game. He's meeting Andrew Strauss. How do you think they hope the meeting pans out?

Regardless of whether they think KP's declined or that they've got the firepower to deal with him, make no mistake, they're hoping Strauss is meeting KP to tell him to get to **** if he thinks he's ever playing for England again.

harsh.ag

Jonathan Agnew @Aggerscricket
I gather Strauss has confirmed to KP this evening that he will not be selected for England again.

the corns, they are popping
Ah...... Feel sad. Hope he still goes on to play some good first class cricket.

harsh.ag

ECB really suck at PR, don't they...?

This is basically admission of lying to the English cricketing fraternity and KP.

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
That's hilarious if it's true. Farcical but that's the ECB so I guess you could just call it predictable.

Crowd at the first test will be a lot of fun if England don't win! :laugh:

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
Maybe he's not going to play for England again because they've made him coach? :laugh:

Sky Sports confirming he's been told he won't play again. ECB, you've gotta love them.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Seems like it is confirmed :( ****ing England! How daft are they? Come on Australia! time for a 5-0.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is it confirmed or is everyone just going off what Aggers has said?

Not it that I doubt Aggers, but

Spark

Global Moderator
simon hughes @theanalyst
Btw - Ravindra Jadeja has three triple hundreds in FC cricket #justsaying

"the analyst"

Niall

International Coach
simon hughes @theanalyst
Btw - Ravindra Jadeja has three triple hundreds in FC cricket #justsaying

"the analyst"
He really hates KP, definitely one of a select few such as Agnew,Newman Pringle and Selvey who are very much yes men for the ECB.