• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is there any better WK in Australia than Wade?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lyon should keep imo. Won't have to put up with his putrid bowling anymore and also won't be able to see his oversized melon.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Lyon should keep imo. Won't have to put up with his putrid bowling anymore and also won't be able to see his oversized melon.
If you're gonna troll it's gotta have SOME basis. Guy just took 9fer in this test.

watson

Banned
Wade scored 9 runs and conceded 30 byes. 9-30= negative 21

Australia lost by 20 runs.

Wade was literally the difference between victory and defeat
The pitch was a shocker with the occasional ball shooting along the ground. Rahim conceded 22 byes.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Wade was brought back to sledge and because of his previous test average. will be stupid if he plays the home summer. Big FC season for keepers coming up.

BeeGee

International Captain
The very idea of picking someone in your test team for their sledging ability is ****ing abhorrent.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The very idea of picking someone in your test team for their sledging ability is ****ing abhorrent.
said every bloke who couldn't handle the banter

It's good policy when you really use your brain and think about it for a moment..

With Haddin, Johnson and Clarke gone we lost the last of our truly hard men. Without a bit of gumption and brawn behind the stumps or in the team for that matter, how can the majority of the Australian viewing audience respect the national team which otherwise would seem like a group of passive, bland, blank slates? I wouldn't. I mean I see myself as somewhat of an alpha male, and I could never respect a Peter Nevill, Wade however despite being a midget under 6'1 overcomes that with gusto, fight and testosterone which Nevill or any other wicket-keeping candidate in Australia lacks.

Also as a side note, with Watson gone in addition to those previous three, the meme value of this side has gone down significantly. Wade is a necessary evil to that end of replenishing those stocks, and that value was proven last summer when the casuals used him as a proxy to make Lyon popular all of a sudden.

mr_mister

So many Gnske posts are half tongue in cheek half sincere it's really strange

And lol at thinking everyone who hates sledging simply 'can't handle it'. I've been on the winning side, watching my teammates sledge the **** out of the opposition and still cringing at how unnecessary and horrible it was

I'm ashamed so many Australians think sledging is such a good thing, especially because so much is racially charged in my comp(the lone indian in my side cops a gobful every week, all under the guise of 'banter')

Tells me you've probably never left the city you were born in Gnske, except maybe a Bali trip or kontiki tour. I'd hazard a guess all your friends are white too

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Wade might provide a bit of lip but it hardly compensates for the fact that Nevill is a far superior keeper and a slightly better batsman (IMO).

the big bambino

International Captain
(the lone indian in my side cops a gobful every week, all under the guise of 'banter')

Tells me you've probably never left the city you were born in Gnske, except maybe a Bali trip or kontiki tour. I'd hazard a guess all your friends are white too
Whoa! Careful getting on that high horse fella. You are a token Indian away from being the stereotype in your last sentence.

mr_mister

Mmmm nar dude just hate bogans

Edit - oh I see what you meant now. No I work with lots of non white people

Last edited:

mr_mister

I probably did over assume, sorry Gnske. I probably had Matt Wade more in mind, who I detest everything about and who you defended