• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Tendulkar a jerk?

indiaholic

International Captain
Okay, so nothing on Chappell then. Is it impossible that Sachin did not know about Azhar and Jadeja being involved in fixing?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Didn't he whine about Chappel even when he was playing? Paani sar ke upar chadh gaya hai etc.
I don't remember that comment but he must have said it if you are saying so. He did say that there was too much tweaking in the batting order happening before the 2007 world cup when we were rotating playings in the top 6 almost every game, tbf.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Okay, so nothing on Chappell then. Is it impossible that Sachin did not know about Azhar and Jadeja being involved in fixing?
As I said, he may not have known it, like Donald didn't. Yet, he should have spoken at the time. Donald did for example.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some thing on the lines of telling the public to have faith. That he could speak for himself that he has always given his 100% and would continue to do so, that he was also shocked at the match fixing. It was a time when even Kapil (a hero) was seen crying on tv with people saying he was a fixer. Tendulkar's words would have helped. We are lucky the Ganguly captaincy happened. Tendulkar keeping silent on key issues through his career was weird to see. I am surprised I am having to defend this point as it is a known and largely accepted criticism of his.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Not accepted by me. Never saw him as the conscience of Indian cricket. Just saw him as a our best batsman, excellent team mate and mentor.

cnerd123

likes this
He did troll a couple of lawyers into spending an unhealthy amount of time trying to troll others..
When did this happen.

I thought BW was referring to the fact that Sachin is short, ugly, and refuses to move from a place he likes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is a jerk who could not face Cronje... The guy who fixed games still managed to get him out... Such a jerk... :p