• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Stuart Broad that good?

empireofdoom

Cricket Spectator
I think that Broad is a decent bowler, he has to be to play for England for so long.. if there were anyone significantly better surely they would have usurped him by now if he were no good?

That being said I think he does have an element of inconsistency with those spells people have mentioned as being very good not being available to him on demand, If he could learn how to switch on and bowl at his absolute best whenever he wanted then maybe he'd be more roundly considered as a great..

Just my opinion, by no means do I think he's bad :)

Groundking

International Debutant
People truly are moronic at times, Broad and Anderson are already England ATG's, and only really Steyn and Philander have been any better than either of them over the past 4 years, and I do wonder if Broad and Anderson's records would be even better if they hadn't played so much god damn cricket (I think it's no coincidence that they've both been averaging sub 25 for the past 2 years since we moved to having 5 man bowling attack, with Anderson well bellow 25, averaging 22.41 having collected 86 wickets in that time, second only to Steyn who's taken 56 @ 20.07).

I think it's fairly clear that in the past 2 years only Steyn has been better than either of them, if that isn't at least national ATG, considering the number of wickets and how much cricket they play, then I really don't know what is. They will both be considered the best ever at the ends of their careers IMO.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
So non England fans, if you were given the choice between Anderson or Broad in your side for a series, who would you pick?

Spark

Global Moderator
So non England fans, if you were given the choice between Anderson or Broad in your side for a series, who would you pick?
Broad, because he'll be a bit more effective on the pitches we play on half the time. Subcontinent sides would probably take Anderson, though.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
32 off 33 to help England over the 300 mark, then van Zyl, Amla, and De Villiers in the bag. And all with pop-guns bowling at the other end - Finn, Woakes, and Stokes.

Broad is a class act, I don't that there is much doubt about that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
32 off 33 to help England over the 300 mark, then van Zyl, Amla, and De Villiers in the bag. And all with pop-guns bowling at the other end - Finn, Woakes, and Stokes.

Broad is a class act, I don't that there is much doubt about that.
Further proof you don't actually watch cricket..the others gave more than adequate support from the other end and were far from pop gun.

cnerd123

likes this
"Keith Miller was a pop gun bowler not fit to tie Lindwall's boots"
"WTF are you on about, Miller was gun"
"Yea but he wasn't as good as Lindwall, which is my point"

FBU

International Debutant
Broad likes bowling at Australia, South Africa and New Zealand.
Anderson likes India, Pakistan and West Indies

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I'd just like to apologise for such a **** thread. Musta been totally out of it last Monday. Broad is a very talented cricket and a key part of the England side. No idea what I was on about. Get it together WW.

:ph34r: