• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Ravichandran Ashwin an ATG test bowler?

Is Ravichandran Ashwin an ATG test bowler?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have no trouble with anyone who feel being ATG is exclusive to being good enough to be in the top 15 or 20 cricketers of all time or whatever **** they feel is the criteria.

The issue is with the idiots here who argue things and when proven wrong, shift goalposts and continue doing the same thing over many threads and many months even though its obvious the majority have already shown what they think of the questions being asked. As I said, its almost impossible to actually discuss anything related to Indian cricket without the one guy (and apparently now his one crony) showing up and derailing each thread with the same nonsense.

ma1978

State Captain
This line of thinking is the source of all the problems of this thread.

You set up the thread as a debate and right off the bat delegitimise the other side.
I didn’t set up the thread

I think it’s an open and shut case which is in line with mainstream opinion

And when someone opposes an open and shut case in line with the mainstream, I assume they have an ulterior motive or are being deliberately contrary

subshakerz

International Coach
Don't you act the exact same way but in the other direction? I mean you're not wrong, but if you're looking for the origin check a mirror please.
Your fellow debater just admitted that your side brooks no argument at all against Ashwin being an ATG. Don't scold me.

subshakerz

International Coach
I didn’t set up the thread

I think it’s an open and shut case which is in line with mainstream opinion

And when someone opposes an open and shut case in line with the mainstream, I assume they have an ulterior motive or are being deliberately contrary
No I appreciate you admitting this. Makes it very clear what we are dealing with.

I have no trouble with anyone who feel being ATG is exclusive to being good enough to be in the top 15 or 20 cricketers of all time or whatever **** they feel is the criteria.
Thanks for declaring this about 30 pages too late.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its amazing how amongst all the people in the thread, it has only been tjb and salty and then kyear who keep talking of taking sides and teams or whatever. Like just discuss cricket without agenda, dude. And if you feel someone is not an ATG, say it and move on. When proved wrong, just take it and accept the fact that you have a bias. Its ok.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Your fellow debater just admitted that your side brooks no argument at all against Ashwin being an ATG. Don't scold me.
You've come here and done the exact same thing, don't be silly. Don't complain because you can't handle yourself being reflected back at you.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I brought neither of those up here in this thread at any point. The fact that you, like tjb and subzi so far, keep going back to these words shows who are the real snowflakes and the ones who can dish it out but can't take it, are.

The fact is the only reason subzi argues these idiotic points is coz he cant stomach Indian cricketers succeed. And his repeating these points ad nauseum even when everyone else have proven him wrong and biased is fair grounds for the forum atmosphere rule to be applied, as it was with aussie and probably would have with Richard had it been a thing when he was a regular.
So let's start at the top, look at the hashtags you've used in posts referring to tbh, yes you used those terms. You've consistently accused Subz of being jealous of Indian success and being biased against them. So yes, you're the one bring it up.

And what am I dishing out? I don't have a dog in this fight. There's two Australian's and a Sri Lankan that I and everyone has above Ashwin, who am I trying to push?

You said Subz has been proven wrong, but has he? He's far from the only person to have bored no in this exercise, is everyone jealous? Yes he definely goes too far, but he does in all of his arguments.

These biases on biases on both sides that goes too far.
I said in a previous thread that I don't know who would win a series between the modern Indian team and either the dominant WI and Australian teams and was stacked for disrespecting the Indian team. For saying I don't know and it would be close. Literally the two greatest squads all time and unless you say it would be a whitewash by India you're biased.

If his motive for his positions just anti Indian, why does he destroy Lara for Sachin? Why does he go after Kallis, Ambrose? He goes after those 3 way harder than Ashwin.

On topic, by my definition Ashwin isn't an ATG, by my definition even @capt_Luffy says he wouldn't be either, why is that so hard to accept that people have different thresholds for these things, it's not hatred.

For me it's 1. Be universally seen as a a champion and accepted by your peers as such in your era. 2. Be great home and away and 3. Is a legitimate candidate for my first or second ATG teams. Might be a bit too restrictive for @ma1978 but that's mine, haven't seen anyone else put forward one. And I named 32 players from multiple countries who qualifed, 4 of those names are a bit in the margins, but none are hilariously out of place. I even compared him to revered WI greats who don't quite make the cut either.

What I will say to subs is that the same way he's protective of Imran, others are of their heroes as well and he'll be well served to remember that.

subshakerz

International Coach
Its amazing how amongst all the people in the thread, it has only been tjb and salty and then kyear who keep talking of taking sides and teams or whatever. Like just discuss cricket without agenda, dude. And if you feel someone is not an ATG, say it and move on. When proved wrong, just take it and accept the fact that you have a bias. Its ok.
That's because there is only one side here, yours. Kyear, TJB and myself all have divergent perspectives that happen to agree on one issue and aren't some hive mind that feels a need to pounce when threatened.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So let's start at the top, look at the hashtags you've used in posts referring to tbh, yes you used those terms. You've consistently accused Subz of being jealous of Indian success and being biased against them. So yes, you're the one bring it up.

And what am I dishing out? I don't have a dog in this fight. There's two Australian's and a Sri Lankan that I and everyone has above Ashwin, who am I trying to push?

You said Subz has been proven wrong, but has he? He's far from the only person to have bored no in this exercise, is everyone jealous? Yes he definely goes too far, but he does in all of his arguments.

These biases on biases on both sides that goes too far.
I said in a previous thread that I don't know who would win a series between the modern Indian team and either the dominant WI and Australian teams and was stacked for disrespecting the Indian team. For saying I don't know and it would be close. Literally the two greatest squads all time and unless you say it would be a whitewash by India you're biased.

If his motive for his positions just anti Indian, why does he destroy Lara for Sachin? Why does he go after Kallis, Ambrose? He goes after those 3 way harder than Ashwin.

On topic, by my definition Ashwin isn't an ATG, by my definition even @capt_Luffy says he wouldn't be either, why is that so hard to accept that people have different thresholds for these things, it's not hatred.

For me it's 1. Be universally seen as a a champion and accepted by your peers as such in your era. 2. Be great home and away and 3. Is a legitimate candidate for my first or second ATG teams. Might be a bit too restrictive for @ma1978 but that's mine, haven't seen anyone else put forward one. And I named 32 players from multiple countries who qualifed, 4 of those names are a bit in the margins, but none are hilariously out of place. I even compared him to revered WI greats who don't quite make the cut either.

What I will say to subs is that the same way he's protective of Imran, others are of their heroes as well and he'll be well served to remember that.
You do realize I posted the hashtags after tjb made a post stating those? Or are you new to the concept of mocking? And there is absolutely no reason why a person cant hate few other greats alongside an entire team. Salty has enough hate for lots of greats. It does not make the fact that he hates Indian cricket and cricketers succeeding, which is more than obvious in all of his posts.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's because there is only one side here, yours. Kyear, TJB and myself all have divergent perspectives that happen to agree on one issue and aren't some hive mind that feels a need to pounce when threatened.
Yep, coz me and xix and luffy and OS agree on everything, sure. 8-) Just give up, dude. Its ok that you hate Indian cricket. There are plenty of reasons to. Just dont clog up every thread with your biased filth.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Like I have said many times before, I have absolutely no issues with hate posting against a particular country's cricket or cricketers. Its the frequency and volume that is the issue. Post once or twice on things you hate but let it ****ing go when its obvious the majority are not that idiotic or biased. This volume and frequency is what brings forum atmosphere rule into play.
Dude, look back and see how many threads he opened referring to Ambrose and Imran.

Who better at home, who's better away, who's better in unhelpful pitches. It was blatantly obvious what his agenda was and he wants going to stop until he saw a result he wanted.

Look at the Kallis threads, look at the same repeated comments anytime Lara vs Sachin is brought up.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
P

When someone has 500 wickets sub 24, yes

BTW, I feel the same way on Anderson

Anyone who doesn’t consider him an ATG is being intellectually contrary to show how smart or knowledgeable they are by having a non mainstream opinion.

And btw, most people post on here to be contrary
Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.

You are totally ignoring and dismissing the contrary opinions when cleary there are arguments to be made for and against their case.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dude, look back and see how many threads he opened referring to Ambrose and Imran.

Who better at home, who's better away, who's better in unhelpful pitches. It was blatantly obvious what his agenda was and he wants going to stop until he saw a result he wanted.

Look at the Kallis threads, look at the same repeated comments everyone Lara vs Sachin is brought up.

There's your answer.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yep, coz me and xix and luffy and OS agree on everything, sure. 8-) Just give up, dude. Its ok that you hate Indian cricket. There are plenty of reasons to. Just dont clog up every thread with your biased filth.
Dude, I don't do hate. I'm the guy who has been called a bc by Shri and others multiple times and let it slide while you guys apparently watched in approval.

Hates more your thing.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
He does have a weird obsession with Ashwin and Jadeja. All his posts about India in some way related to denigrating their accomplishments.

But addressing this on the merits, there is literally no argument for Ashwin not being an ATG unless someone wants to be contrary or racist.

You honestly doesn't see how you're just as bad do you.

The statement alone shows your bias on the topic.

That statement can be unquestionably said about 20 cricketers in history and Ash isn't one of them.

You guys like on subs but are equally as culpable in the argument and atmosphere, just can't see it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dude, I don't do hate. I'm the guy who has been called a bc by Shri and others multiple times and let it slide while you guys apparently watched in approval.

Hates more your thing.
We hate your posting. You hate Indian cricket and cricketers. Its not that hard to figure out. And given your posting is based on hate, its a fair ask.