• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Ravichandran Ashwin an ATG test bowler?

Is Ravichandran Ashwin an ATG test bowler?

• Total voters

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Talking about heels, I once paid a domimatrix to step on my balls in high heels. Not as pleasant in practice as it sounded in my head, wouldn't recommend.

subshakerz

International Coach
@Spark was earlier talking about bans. I am not sure why the forum atmosphere one is not applied here. This is not the first time subzi has shown his obvious biased takes on Indian cricket and cricketers and yet every thread in CC is the same old. Its fine to hate on Indian cricket, be jelly or envious or whatever the crap it is he feels for it but surely there comes a time when you realize there is no reason to post endlessly on the same topic.

I mean this is Richard levels of bad here. And I feel pretty sure there is more of Richard under the hood in subzi's posting which will come out eventually. It is almost as if we cannot discuss just about anything related to Indian cricket on here for the fear of this guy coming in and derailing with his blatantly idiotic and biased posting.
Lol so you want to ban me for what exactly?

Spark

Global Moderator
@Spark was earlier talking about bans. I am not sure why the forum atmosphere one is not applied here. This is not the first time subzi has shown his obvious biased takes on Indian cricket and cricketers and yet every thread in CC is the same old. Its fine to hate on Indian cricket, be jelly or envious or whatever the crap it is he feels for it but surely there comes a time when you realize there is no reason to post endlessly on the same topic.

I mean this is Richard levels of bad here. And I feel pretty sure there is more of Richard under the hood in subzi's posting which will come out eventually. It is almost as if we cannot discuss just about anything related to Indian cricket on here for the fear of this guy coming in and derailing with his blatantly idiotic and biased posting.
Sorry are you seriously asking me to ban someone for being extremely biased about cricket?

If that's the standard we're going to draw then hoo boy are a lot of people getting banned.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry are you seriously asking me to ban someone for being extremely biased about cricket?

If that's the standard we're going to draw then hoo boy are a lot of people getting banned.
There'd be 5 people left, and none of them actual cricket fans.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only looking at Ashes tests here… spinners in the 30’s

In Australia: 10 matches 134 wickets @ 32.85
In England: 14 matches 195 wickets @ 33.89

The big 3 spinners of that decade:

O’Reilly 52 @ 24.59 in Australia 50 @ 26.16 in England
Grimmett 5 @ 65.20 in Australis 54 @ 29.50 in England
Verity 21 @ 34.57 in Australia 38 @ 24.47 in England

Lower numbers in Australia are due to Ironmonger (never played in England) and Fleetwood Smith (19 @ 24.36 in Australia 36-37 and 14 @ 51.92 in England 1938)

England in 38 was crazy. 14 tons scored in 11 innings played.
Yet more ammo to argue Verity > Grimmett

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Nope.. I just remember the examples of Richard and aussie.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Grimmett vs Verity is interesting. Even if just looking at Ashes records

Grimmett 22 matches 106 @ 32.44 86.4 SR 11 5’fers 2 10’fers
Verity 18 matches 59 @ 28.06 83.5 SR 3 5’fers 1 10’fer

Grimmett’s bowling more may have affected his average negatively - he was part of an overall weaker attack and thus had to take a higher burden (36.1 overs per innings vs 26.6 overs per innings). He also showed himself to be far more capable at running through weaker sides, for whatever that is worth.

I think they’re quite close, and wouldn’t fault anyone for picking one over the other.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Note : Warne got dropped for Colin Miller on a tour to WI .
And here I thought ATGs should always be first options regardless.

This is how I know the arguments aren't in good faith.
1. It was one game and I know ORS knows better and is aware of the circumstances surrounding what happened. For @Xix2565 I know it's just blind patriotism at this point so it is what it is.

We're talking one match vs strategic decisions to consistently not play a bowler in overseas matches.

Noted.