• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Ravichandran Ashwin an ATG test bowler?

Is Ravichandran Ashwin an ATG test bowler?

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is ****ing dumb. There is a dude at club level that has a couple of thousand wickets. Is he ATG?

I will grant you that he is All Time Old, but that is not a criteria for greatness - That is just a criteria for that guy who doesn't get the message to get the **** out of your home even though you have made him a coffee, fed the cat, gone and had a shower worn your pyjamas and are now brazenly flatulating in front of him.
Ok but Anderson is also an incredibly skilled bowler even if he has his weaknesses and reliance on conditions. It's like he's some 30+ average bowler that's just got a **** ton of wickets he's averaged low 20s for the last 10 years

Victor Ian

International Coach
Ok but Anderson is also an incredibly skilled bowler even if he has his weaknesses and reliance on conditions. It's like he's some 30+ average bowler that's just got a **** ton of wickets he's averaged low 20s for the last 10 years
Everyone has averaged low 20's in the last 10 years. This is the reverse 2000's batting is lol era. I am impressed with Anderson. But he has done nothing that Walsh didn't do before him and Walsh did it in an increasingly difficult era for bowlers. Much of Anderson's late career improvement can be put down to nothing more than bowling averages dropping across the board and him getting to choose when he bowls and avoiding carnage grounds. He is kind of leBron.

subshakerz

International Coach
In terms of output, he has been just short of worldclass level for much of his peak. Nobody doubts his skills but his limitations are clear.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone has averaged low 20's in the last 10 years. This is the reverse 2000's batting is lol era. I am impressed with Anderson. But he has done nothing that Walsh didn't do before him and Walsh did it in an increasingly difficult era for bowlers. Much of Anderson's late career improvement can be put down to nothing more than bowling averages dropping across the board and him getting to choose when he bowls and avoiding carnage grounds. He is kind of leBron.
Did he really though? He quit just before the real batting era times

subshakerz

International Coach
cmon man! the whole point of atvg is to clear the room from those not good enough. Don't start making steps in the middle. What is the acronym for this new class you have invented?

We don't need to use baby wipes on these modern douches. They should be satisfied with their status of not being **** ****s.
Yes. I really get annoyed of this CW trend of watering down the ATG title so basically it becomes anyone with a good enough batting or bowling average.

There is a difference between being great and being best of the best. There is a difference in level between Walsh and Ambrose, Waqar and Wasim and Ashwin and Laker. If you are putting them in same category then you are missing a step or in this case just caught up in national euphoria of someone hitting a milestone.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
cmon man! the whole point of atvg is to clear the room from those not good enough. Don't start making steps in the middle. What is the acronym for this new class you have invented?

We don't need to use baby wipes on these modern douches. They should be satisfied with their status of not being **** ****s.
The category is ATG. They are just some of the weakest to make the cut. ATG means players above x level, not players of the same quality, or the list of ATGs would be Bradman.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
This is ****ing dumb. There is a dude at club level that has a couple of thousand wickets. Is he ATG?

I will grant you that he is All Time Old, but that is not a criteria for greatness - That is just a criteria for that guy who doesn't get the message to get the **** out of your home even though you have made him a coffee, fed the cat, gone and had a shower worn your pyjamas and are now brazenly flatulating in front of him.
Oh please, he is not even amongst the top 50 oldest test cricketers. That’s not “All Time” to me.

I mean, have you seen him outside England? 30+ bowler is the perfect description

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol @ ATVG. That is the created thing in CW, which never needed creating in the first place. There is great and there is ATG. Both Anderson Ashwin have moved up from great to ATG with their performances post pandemic. End of story.

Insecure idiots can continue to #crymore.

subshakerz

International Coach
Lol @ ATVG. That is the created thing in CW, which never needed creating in the first place. There is great and there is ATG. Both Anderson Ashwin have moved up from great to ATG with their performances post pandemic. End of story.

Insecure idiots can continue to #crymore.
Neither have done anything really different than they did before. They just got to new milestones with the same bowling issues.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
That's what ATVG is for brah. No need to create "lower tier ATG" as another category
Again, the category is ATG.

Do you recognize that there is variation in quality within ATGs? You are going to have better and worse ones regardless of where you draw the cutoff (unless the cutoff is at 1 player). If you move the bar up, your worst ATGs are simply going to be better than them. Tiers within ATG will always exist.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Yeah I am far more exclusive than you on the ATG title. I have around 15-16 bats, a dozen pacers and 4-5 spinners. ATG is an elite cricketer.

Anderson isn't better than Walsh, and neither are ATGs.

Dravid and Miandad aren't ATG sorry.

Putting Ashwin and Kumble in the same bracket as Laker and O'Reilly is just wrong sorry.
Laker is The original home bully. Sorry; but definitely Ashwin is comparable with him. If 5 spinners are ATGs, then one is Ashwin; imo. And I knew you would differ (that's why I tagged you). And I stand my ground, if you believe Dravid isn't an ATG, you can't put Ponting as one.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
If Anderson gets to 800 wickets he can be ATG

ATVG if he ends in the 700s
Exactly what we said about Murali.

How did I end up defending Jimmy ****erson
This place is really getting to you.

Laker is The original home bully. Sorry; but definitely Ashwin is comparable with him. If 5 spinners are ATGs, then one is Ashwin; imo. And I knew you would differ (that's why I tagged you). And I stand my ground, if you believe Dravid isn't an ATG, you can't put Ponting as one.
I definitely have Ponting and Dravid in different tiers - I can see why if someone is restricting their definition of ATGs, Ponting might make it and Dravid would not.