• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Murali a 'Chucker' ???

Is Murali a chucker?

• Yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously. I have a question to ask from everyone and it is not a loaded question. I would honestly like to know.

Howcome Australians, be it players, media or fans are the most prominent and the most vocal/agressive in an anti-Murali stance in this controversy ?

No emotional responses pleeeeaaase . :)

C_C

International Captain
SJS said:
Seriously. I have a question to ask from everyone and it is not a loaded question. I would honestly like to know.

Howcome Australians, be it players, media or fans are the most prominent and the most vocal/agressive in an anti-Murali stance in this controversy ?

I can see some Aussie fans/media being anti-Murali because Murali is a better bowler than Warne and Murali is a threat to Warne's legacy.
Too bad though...Warne will finish second to him.... in practically every category- record against good teams, total wickets, average, 5-fers, 10-fers and strike rate.

to answer your original question, accoridng to the 15 degree proposal from the panel, Murali aint a chucker.
And if you discard that proposal, Murali is a chucker and so is everyone else.

C_C

International Captain
Warne will finish ahead of Murali in one regard. Warne got his wickets fairly, Murali cheated.
hey dude....if you can turn on your mental cpu, you would realise that Warne chucks too(according to the ICC findings)...

Oh and another thing..... Murali definately didnt take no illegal pill !
:D

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Strange, I don't remember Warne being tested and found to be bowling at 3 times the legal limit when the delivery was 30kms slower then it is in game.

C_C

International Captain
Warne is god said:
Strange, I don't remember Warne being tested and found to be bowling at 3 times the legal limit when the delivery was 30kms slower then it is in game.

perhaps you should see ICC's article where a lot of bowlers - present and past- were analysed through video feed and found to be chuckers. That includes your flabby beachblonde God....

And before you start your jet-engine whine about video testing isnt accurate or how same measuring techniques should be used, go read my post on it that i posted recently under another thread.

oh another thing- newsflash- Your 'the delivery was 30kms slower than it is in the game' comment is an absolute lie.
For starters, ICC rules STIPULATES that inorder to consider ANY test valid, the bowling speed MUST be in close proximity to bowling speed of the said bowler recorded in match conditions.

odyssey

Cricket Spectator
OK my opinion:
Everybody keeps referring to the ICC and there findings, how many degrees this and that...i think it's irrelevant.
+ It is a lot harder to bowl the way he does, i have tried in the nets and it's a lot more difficult.
But simply...I don't think he's a chucker because his arm is actually permanently bent....
That explains why it looks like he bowls illegaly...as his arm is bent. But it's always like that. And it doesn't lock straight. Cos it can't.....
Look at this link if you don't believe me...

http://www.muralifans.com/The_truth.htm

& it's even been confirmed by independant assessments/diagnosis/tests with professors & biomechanics experts with no association to Murali or Cricket.
I guess the issue becomes.... should you allow someone with an arm deformity to play cricket?
I say yes. As it's only slightly different from a normal bowling action & probably harder to bowl with something like that. And you can't be discramantory.

Last edited:

odyssey

Cricket Spectator
QUOTES:
" Muttiah Muralitharan the Don Bradman of bowlers"
"He makes Sri Lanka a very competitive side. He gets people through the gates to watch the game and he is also a really nice guy"
- Steve Waugh

"He has been a tremendous bowler for Sri Lanka and he is bound to get wickets as long as he is playing.
"His strike rate is phenomenal. He deserves all the credit he is getting."
- Courtney Walsh

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne is god said:
Warne will finish ahead of Murali in one regard. Warne got his wickets fairly, Murali cheated.
couldnt have said it any better myself...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ReallyCrazy said:
ummm havent you heard the news? Warne chucks too!
the thread is "Is Murali a "chucker", its completely irrelevant whoelse chucks in this discussion....

ReallyCrazy

Banned
broncoman said:
the thread is "Is Murali a "chucker", its completely irrelevant whoelse chucks in this discussion....
then why did you bring warne into the picture (or agreed w/ someone) saying he got his wickets fairly when all along the drug cheat was also cheating by chucking

Scallywag

Banned
SJS said:

That is a loaded question SJS.

Some Australians belive that Murali is a chucker and you like a lot of people for you own reasons call that anti-murali.

Anti-doosra or anti-chucking yes but anti-murali is just not stating the facts as they are.

Shoaib is a good example, just because he had a suspect action it doesnt mean that people were anti-Shoaib, they were anti-chucking.

Are the people now calling McGrath a chucker anti-McGrath or just anti-chucking.

But the real reason is freedom of the media in Australia.

Also I see more people putting crap on Australian players here than any other nations players which you will find me highlighting from now on so it becomes more clear.