• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Azhar Ali a selfish player?

Firebreaker

Banned
Forget about Misbah,He's known to be selfish but what about Pakistanis getting happy about Azhar Ali? I mean I know he scored many centuries in past year but what happens to him in second innings? If you see his matches in which he scored 100 he fails in the second and not to mention how sluggish player he is

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. He should be selfless like Warner and score 30 off 21 balls to give his team a flying start.

Every time I come across these 'too slow', 'selfish', 'lack of intent' comments on social media/forum, I wish we had internet during the time of Gavaskar, Border, Gooch, Hanif etc.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappoint, Firebreaker. Was hoping for threads like "Should we merge the Pakistan and Bangladesh teams?"

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
What a selfish ****. After seeing the openers fail, makes himself opener in the middle of an away tour.l, just so he can face the new ball all to himself.

Look at the way he just bats and bats. Total git.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Is Firebreaker previously banned poster "root fan"? Has he said anything about Younis Khan being an overrated FTB yet?

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
If he's so great then where does he go on the second innings? Pak lost most of the matches in which he scored 100s
If I remember correctly, Pak chased down 300 in under 2 sessions a few years ago. Now who was it who scored a match winning ton? 8-)

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
They showed a stat in the match yesterday of leading run scorers in the last 12 months. Azhar topped the list, beating the likes of Kohli, Smith, Bairstow etc.

Yeah, clearly not doing enough. Waste of space.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Azhar Ali was never going to get a thread on CW for his achievements so I must thank Firebreaker for making this thread and now I shall hijack it to make it about his achievements, dismantle some myths and narratives about modern batting including the Big 4 theory, 'aggression' and 'intent' in the process

In the last 2 years.

As an opener, when compared with other openers in the last 10 years. Mind you he only started opening since last July and since then, 4 out of his last 5 series have been Away

Century in England, Triple in UAE, Double in MCG, Twin Centuries in West Indies now. Man that's strike rate is horrible.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
If he's so great then where does he go on the second innings? Pak lost most of the matches in which he scored 100s
4 out of 14 is a weird example of 'most of'.

That said I do teach high school maths, so I'm not going to pretend I've not seen it before

Burner

International Regular
At least you stay true to your name unlike Rootfan who barely ever posted about Root.