• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Draft 2016

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Don't really get into IPL much but wanted to comment on Royal Challengers efforts

Virat Kohli
Shane Watson
Chris Gayle
AB de Villiers
Mitchell Starc
David Wiese
S Aravind
Kedar Jadhav
Varun Aaron
Stuart Binny
Mandeep Singh
Adam Milne
Travis Head
Sarfaraz Khan
Harshal Patel
Abu Nechim
Sachin Baby
Iqbal Abdulla
Yuzvendra Chahal

Just a bit nuts. Little light on bowling maybe and I know there's a limit to how many internationals play at once but still that's ridic

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As always, they'll find a way to **** it up. Long may it continue.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah a top 4 of Kohli, Watson, Gayle, DeVilliers is the strongest top 4 of any T20 side side ever.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't really get into IPL much but wanted to comment on Royal Challengers efforts

Virat Kohli
Shane Watson
Chris Gayle
AB de Villiers
Mitchell Starc
David Wiese
S Aravind
Kedar Jadhav
Varun Aaron
Stuart Binny
Mandeep Singh
Adam Milne
Travis Head
Sarfaraz Khan
Harshal Patel
Abu Nechim
Sachin Baby
Iqbal Abdulla
Yuzvendra Chahal

Just a bit nuts. Little light on bowling maybe and I know there's a limit to how many internationals play at once but still that's ridic
They'll have a strong top 4 and 1 very good strike bowler but other than that doesn't look like anything special for IPL standards

cnerd123

likes this
ABDV, Starc, Watson and Gayle are a lock for the four Overseas slots, and with guys like Kohli, Binny, Mandeep, Abdullah, Aaron, Arvind and my boy Frazzy, that's a really strong side by IPL standards.

I don't know whom to support without RR playing this season :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FMD that Bangalore top 4 + Starc is seriously epic. Not to mention Travis Head.

That's so good. Add Sachin Baby and you've reached God level.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am gonna be supporting for my neighbors Bangalore this season too. And Pune and Gujarat because both sides look really good.

Niall

International Coach
ABDV, Starc, Watson and Gayle are a lock for the four Overseas slots, and with guys like Kohli, Binny, Mandeep, Abdullah, Aaron, Arvind and my boy Frazzy, that's a really strong side by IPL standards.

I don't know whom to support without RR playing this season :(
You support whoever King Hooda slay for. Simples.

Don't forget Jadhev is their as well, another good middle order bat.

If Travis Head plays though one of the others will be out
He won't though sadly, Wiese will the fifth choice overseas player as he was pretty decent for them last year and IPL sides love so-so all rounders.

I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to crowbar in Milne either as some of those Indian bowlers are very bad.

I like Mr Head but yeah he ain't getting a game for that lot.

Niall

International Coach
Buttler went for more than I thought he would. Happy for him.
Nick HoultVerified account
‏@NHoultCricket
Ricky Ponting, coach of Mumbai Indians, says Buttler signed as a "backup overseas batsman."

He probably does not get a game sadly. Simmons nailed the opening spot and Pollard and Anderson due to their all rounder factor will be ahead of him, looking at the Indian bowling options, they will need at least one of the oversea spots to be allocated to a bowler as well (malina, southee, Mc Cleneghan or De Lange)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ashish Nehra went for more than twice as much as Dale Steyn. We really ought to stop trying to analyse the IPL auction as though it makes sense.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But it does make sense, in the context of the auction and the IPL rules. Bad example to make a decent point, I would think.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Cool that Sam Billings got bought up - will be a great experience for him even if he never plays a game. Which is likely.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
But it does make sense, in the context of the auction and the IPL rules. Bad example to make a decent point, I would think.
Agreed.

Steyn has been hit and miss in the IPL recently, and was very poor last year and ended up in and out of the side. Nehra is pretty gun in this and yeah of course the oversea rule as well.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
My favourite thing about the Draft is the the people who go up for auction and no-one bids for them - reminds me of the Simpsons episode with the Bachelor auction when Moe walks on and immediately walks off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
8 years of IPL auctions and people still don't get that Indian players are naturally more valuable than overseas players by default.