• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

Burner

International Regular
Dwayne Smith hitting the ball as hard as he could and the cheer girls running like hell for cover. Haha, IPL is some fun.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Didn't think I will go for even one game this year because of the heat. Met a guy who wasn't going half an hour before the game and the weather was suddenly not as hot as has been the whole week, so ended up watching the final. Well I got really ****y seats as they were the ones just below the top tier of the stadium. I watched three games in 2013 within 8-9 days and what struck me then, struck me today too. The professionalism in the IPL is just great to see. Players catching the balls, diving. It's nice to see. April-May sucks for the tournament though and I wish it was 25-30 overs instead of 20. Wishful thinking but whatever.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I always wonder if it was possible to play the Duleep and Deodhar trophies with the IPL franchies. Obviously you cannot expect the full compliment of Indian and International stars but surely they can make do with what they have... For instance, CSK could play with Hussey for the full season. I feel it would take us towards better quality in all formats of the game amongst the emerging players. Ideally, I would love the feeder system to be Age Group --> Ranji --> IPL --> A Team --> International. Of course, there can always be exceptions when someone has a killer Ranji season etc., but overall, I feel this would help youngsters get through the grind better when they finally make it.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I always wonder if it was possible to play the Duleep and Deodhar trophies with the IPL franchies. Obviously you cannot expect the full compliment of Indian and International stars but surely they can make do with what they have... For instance, CSK could play with Hussey for the full season. I feel it would take us towards better quality in all formats of the game amongst the emerging players. Ideally, I would love the feeder system to be Age Group --> Ranji --> IPL --> A Team --> International. Of course, there can always be exceptions when someone has a killer Ranji season etc., but overall, I feel this would help youngsters get through the grind better when they finally make it.
Too tough to implement HB. Most of the international stars and players like Hussey sign for IPL because it is quick money and just 2 months*3 hours. They won't like to be there for the other tournaments. Also, the international season is packed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am sure... But there are a lot of players who are just in and around international sides who do not make it to the top sides and few players from associate teams who can be signed up. I am sure if it were implemented, the franchises will find a way to get some good players around, esp. given that most teams' domestic seasons do not coincide during IPL time. We can have the IPL season run from Jan through April and do a round robin of each team plays the other only once and allocate home/away matches based on league standing from past year etc. If tried, it can be workable.

EDIT: Ultimately I just want a better standard domestic 4 day competition and OD competition than the Ranji gives us and I think this extension of IPL could be that. AT the very least, we will see the very best of our domestic competition play each other in a more competitive environment, given it is just 8 teams instead of the 32 we have in our FC currently.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's extremely apt. It's the best part of India with the best people and the best food . It is the city that is most fit to represent India. Mumbai Indians. Suck it Jono.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
The Champions League (real rip-off from football) is set to be scapped this Sept. Any chance of a mini IPL? Like a knock-out IPL cup?

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Well, the Champions League was kinda like a mini IPL with some foreign teams participating in it. Since the foreign teams barely got viewership, the BCCI may find it profitable to parade around the Indian teams yet again

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Eh, I cbf but I wouldn't put it past them. Another opportunity for me to piss away money gambling on the Ipl I guess.

Last edited: