• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introducing: The GIMH-Burgey Medal

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, congratulations to mackembhoy for snagging that award, and a fine display it’s been from him.

So to look to the antipodes where, in the face of a few odious blow-ins, standards have been high from many as the Aussies have posted through the night. Well, most of them. Some switched the channel over once Zak Crawley hit a few boundaries, though at least they didn’t go on an impromptu trip to Turkey to escape the difficulties that Test Cricket can pose.
Prince EWS has been a frequent poster, unfortunately despite posting close to a thousand times in the subforum he’s only actually made three different posts. Mind you, he’d have been ineligible anyway due to flip-flopping over who he actually supports in The Ashes over the years.

Spark started the series about as well as Andrew Strauss did the 10-11 version, losing his mind to a flat deck, but like the former England skipper recovered well to show us all what he’s capable of. Morgieb too was as endearing and ever-present as ever, and is probably still worried now about Australia somehow not retaining the urn. VI was VI, and you can’t give any higher praise than that.

TheJediBrah had his best ever series, damming with faint praise though that may be, and Starfighter was quality when he showed up. Many others that I’ve neglected to mention have been quality, reflective of the level of discussion that’s taken place throughout.

Ultimately though, one poster has stood head and shoulders above his compatriots and takes home the POTS award and that’s Gob. Consistently excellent, always looking for a ruse, and a chirpy Aussie but fair with it. And credit where credit is due; much as when batting and bowling, it’s one thing to do it at home but you’re tested so much more in an away Ashes series and he’s come up trumps. And for that reason, Gob takes home the inaugural GIMH-Burgey Medal. And well deserved too.
leave Jimmy out of the Oval

Molehill

International Captain
Some switched the channel over once Zak Crawley hit a few boundaries, though at least they didn’t go on an impromptu trip to Turkey to escape the difficulties that Test Cricket can pose.
Impromptu??? I'll ****ing come up there and Will Smith you ya ****!!

Awards are for needy attention seekers anyway - it should've been Carty, if he forces his own nationalities to hit the Ignore function then **** knows what he's doing to the opposition.

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Impromptu??? I'll ****ing come up there and Will Smith you ya ****!!

Awards are for needy attention seekers anyway - it should've been Carty, if he forces his own nationalities to hit the Ignore function then **** knows what he's doing to the opposition.
You like me really

Gob

International Coach
Geez I just saw this. Came across as a total surprise here

I actually sort of took a break from anything cricket related for 3 months after the India tour but got hooked in again after the WTC final. And here through the Ashes too although at times it was pretty draining to watch

Anyway thanks guys long may the tradition will continue