• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain: Forumer's Challenge

Howe_zat

Audio File
Infrequently Asked Questions

1. Is this the end?

Yes, this is the end, my only friends, the end. Three reasons:
-- I've done what I set out to do. World champions and no.1 ranking. 'ave it.
-- Interest was only going downhill. By the end of it I was giving up on rotating players, mostly because I was struggling to get a side together of people who I got the impression were still following the thread.
-- I don't want to become sick of it. I quite enjoyed doing this and I'd like it to stay that way.

2. So who was my player, anyway?

I don't remember. That's the honest answer. When I started this I decided you were all going to be renamed from random domestic players, in order to keep it fair - if I pick one forumer to be Tendulkar and another to be Wasim Jaffer, there's obviously some favouritism going on. Obviously some people were going to turn out to be better than others, but if I'd never heard of the players in question, it wasn't my fault who. The one player I can remember the name of was Corrin's, who was called M Cooray, mostly because of the name sounding similar.

3. But you ended up favouring some players anyway...?

Yeah, because I wanted to reward people who contributed to the thread. Hing for example ended up with a shocker of a player (allrounder my arse, little bat-and-ball icon) but I kept playing him because he was involved. (He actually ended up being quite good eventually, but it took a while). Conversely, Zohaib left CW completely soon after the thing started, so I mostly left him out.

4. We were Sri Lanka, right?

Yep, as some of you worked out. This was because I wanted to take a middling side to being the best in the world, and at the start of the game SL were something like 7th in Tests and 5th in ODIs. The other reason was because I refused to use known internationals, so to make up for it I used Sri Lankans - experienced ICC2005 players will know they're h4x.

5. Did you make stuff up? Our World Cup campaign was ****ing ridiculous, and a lot of stuff happened that just seemed way too convenient.

What am I, a tabloid? I can hand-on-heart say that all those results are genuine, as evidenced by the scorecards. Our world cup campaign was indeed mental, but that's because you lot were just like that as players. And as Morgie observed, I'm often guilty of being a wee bit too aggressive when playing this game.

The one act of shenanigans I can admit to pulling was changing REMOVED's player halfway through, because for him I picked an unproven kid who turned out to be toilet (by the time I felt the need to change him, he was an opening batsman averaging less than 25 in FC cricket.) The change didn't really work anyway.

6. Are you ever going to do this again?

Maybe. I don't think I'm ever going to do an exact repeat of it, or if I do, it'll be in a long enough time in the future for me to do it with an almost completely different set of forumers. If I were to do something similar any time soon, it'd have to a) have plenty of interest in it and b) be a very good idea that I didn't think of with this go.

Thanks very much to everyone who took part and kept up the interest and the responses. I probably did put way too much of my time into this, but if you've had fun with it then I'm happy.

[/thread]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
:(

Great Work Jake.:clapping:

Was great fun to follow and the commentary was really well written and awesome.:thumbsup:

Hope you do this again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Awesome work, Jake.. Hats off.. You really put your valuable time for us to be entertained.. :)

Can we have the rankings and stuff before we end the thread though???

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Is this the end?

Yes, this is the end, my only friends, the end. Three reasons:
-- I've done what I set out to do. World champions and no.1 ranking. 'ave it.
-- Interest was only going downhill. By the end of it I was giving up on rotating players, mostly because I was struggling to get a side together of people who I got the impression were still following the thread.
-- I don't want to become sick of it. I quite enjoyed doing this and I'd like it to stay that way.

2. So who was my player, anyway?

I don't remember. That's the honest answer. When I started this I decided you were all going to be renamed from random domestic players, in order to keep it fair - if I pick one forumer to be Tendulkar and another to be Wasim Jaffer, there's obviously some favouritism going on. Obviously some people were going to turn out to be better than others, but if I'd never heard of the players in question, it wasn't my fault who. The one player I can remember the name of was Corrin's, who was called M Cooray, mostly because of the name sounding similar.

3. But you ended up favouring some players anyway...?

Yeah, because I wanted to reward people who contributed to the thread. Hing for example ended up with a shocker of a player (allrounder my arse, little bat-and-ball icon) but I kept playing him because he was involved. (He actually ended up being quite good eventually, but it took a while). Conversely, Zohaib left CW completely soon after the thing started, so I mostly left him out.

4. We were Sri Lanka, right?

Yep, as some of you worked out. This was because I wanted to take a middling side to being the best in the world, and at the start of the game SL were something like 7th in Tests and 5th in ODIs. The other reason was because I refused to use known internationals, so to make up for it I used Sri Lankans - experienced ICC2005 players will know they're h4x.

5. Did you make stuff up? Our World Cup campaign was ****ing ridiculous, and a lot of stuff happened that just seemed way too convenient.

What am I, a tabloid? I can hand-on-heart say that all those results are genuine, as evidenced by the scorecards. Our world cup campaign was indeed mental, but that's because you lot were just like that as players. And as Morgie observed, I'm often guilty of being a wee bit too aggressive when playing this game.

The one act of shenanigans I can admit to pulling was changing REMOVED's player halfway through, because for him I picked an unproven kid who turned out to be toilet (by the time I felt the need to change him, he was an opening batsman averaging less than 25 in FC cricket.) The change didn't really work anyway.

6. Are you ever going to do this again?

Maybe. I don't think I'm ever going to do an exact repeat of it, or if I do, it'll be in a long enough time in the future for me to do it with an almost completely different set of forumers. If I were to do something similar any time soon, it'd have to a) have plenty of interest in it and b) be a very good idea that I didn't think of with this go.

Thanks very much to everyone who took part and kept up the interest and the responses. I probably did put way too much of my time into this, but if you've had fun with it then I'm happy.

[/thread]
I thought it was merely their bowlers that were h4x?

Last edited by a moderator:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
1. Is this the end?

[/thread]
Mate you're talking about a player with a test 50 to his name. Nothing to dismiss easily.

Think its a bit of a conspiracy that its all finishing up now just as I started to hit my stride after spending numerous series doing nothing