• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain 2005?!?!

harvs

Cricket Spectator
I was just wondering if there is game called International Cricket Captain 2005 and if so where abouts can i buy it??

If not ive lost my International Cricket Captain 2002, and have looked in a few places in Perth and they are saying its discarded... Anyone know where i can get a copy from??

thanks

harvs

Cricket Spectator
thanks guys... thats what ive been looking for!!

Whens the due date of the new batch of games coming out?? :cool:

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Is anyone here a fan of Championship Manager/Football Manager? They should make CM - but CRICKET Manager, and have it modelled like Football Manager. All the leagues, players, etc. AWESOME!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Problem is, Football Manager's been 12 years in development and there's a bigger fan base hence more money for development. Cricket management game developing appears to be pretty much in the hands of half a dozen teenagers...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, ICC already has a decent match engine.. which COULD be built on. And the database.. well FM's database is just made by volunteers who make stats for their local teams, which would be OK with cricket. (As with all sports, there's the possibility of players being overrated. CM0102: To Madeira (made up)! Ronald Gomez!)

But if you look at Codemasters and EA pouring money into games like Brian lara cricket and Cricket 2004/2006, it shows they ARE willing to spend money on cricket games. And there are plenty of cricket fans who would be more than happy to do the research.

I am almost certain it will never happen, but if I ever happen to assume control of EA Sports.. well, it may just become reality ;) hah.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ICC's match engine has plenty of holes - the finger-spinner bias and the fact that there are so, so few sixes. Size of database isn't really an issue, it's just a cosmetic issue.

What matters is getting a convincingly working match engine... looking forward to the new Rockingham project, it's a combined effort from a lot of leading lights in the development world.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
ICC's match engine has plenty of holes - the finger-spinner bias and the fact that there are so, so few sixes. Size of database isn't really an issue, it's just a cosmetic issue.

What matters is getting a convincingly working match engine... looking forward to the new Rockingham project, it's a combined effort from a lot of leading lights in the development world.
The game im on atm in 2042 i have about 8 awesome quicks in the game, not had a good spinner for c10 years but one 20yo has just made his test debut and is promising. Probably the exception that proves the rule

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:

Not so sure about the whole finger spinner bias myself, but given that it's 0340 I think that can wait until next week...