• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
this is all well and good but this would have been an issue regardless of what they were wearing, and would have been an issue five years ago too. seems odd to bring it up in relation to that one photo.
I did see it as an issue 5 years ago when they brought in the Red Sox cheerleaders. I wasn't on this board 5 years ago.

I disagree that there's nothing different about it now though. This particular photo, with the White Mischief logo makes the message significantly less oblique. And it doesn't matter that it's the name of the brand. As the advert that Kippax shows, it's clearly an intentional message.

Spark

Global Moderator
then that's a problem with the choice of sponsor, not with them meeting their contractual obligations to actually display the sponsor's name.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
then that's a problem with the choice of sponsor, not with them meeting their contractual obligations to actually display the sponsor's name.
The problem is both of these things.
a) Delhi's decision to hire foreigners rather than locals for objectification, with the implications as listed above.
b) White Mischief's rather un-subtle, racist and frankly weird marketing campaign.

The combination of both of these things is in no way coincidence. The message behind both WM's marketing campaign and Delhi's decision is exactly the same thing.

Spark

Global Moderator
i think all the teams have been hiring white cheerleaders for the entire existence of the ipl. and yeah white mischief's ad up there isn't great but white mischief is what it's called ffs, they can't exactly put anything else on it. this is a bit silly, tbh, you're pressing on what is blatantly an unfortunate coincidence and paying very little attention to the wider context of the matter.

i mean, the argument you're making here is that they specifically hired white cheerleaders and chose this sponsor deliberately in order to do this, which is patently a bit silly.

meanwhile, who is this samson bloke and why on earth is he batting above watson and smith, good shot notwithstanding?

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steve Smith, presumably unavailable for Friday's match, has returned for today's Easter Sunday showdown.

Spark

Global Moderator
let it never be said that danny morrison is an intelligent man because **** me he isn't. "awwwww it's tight, let's call it not out" - no, ****, it clearly pitched outside leg stump

ajdude

International Coach
thought watson was celebrating his fifty by twirling his finger in the air. didn't realise he was asking for a free hit

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
watson's continued slide down the batting order in T20 is so bemusing

(yes i know he was at 4 last season)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on Sehwag, wanna see a big innings from you!

Ugh.. Dammit!

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
i was absolutely halfway through typing "mightn't be the worst thing keeping pujara out there"

actually it was maxwell who hit the six so i was half right