• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Chahal was so promising, he looks absolutely ****e atm. The games that RCB are playing in Chennai are on spin-friendly and slow surfaces. And while everyone is able to capitalise on the help from the pitch(even pace bowlers with good slower balls), Chahal continues to look ordinary.

cnerd123

likes this
Ok, let's see what happens when an Aussie gives an Indian city-name to his pet. I personally don't care, but these things will clearly not down with the majority of the crowd in our country.
just cuz indians are dumb doesn't mean there's a problem with doing it.

Also Gabba isn't a city, it's a ground. It's not even the real name of the ground, it's a nickname lol.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A cricketer naming a pet after a venue where he had the most memorable moment of his career (which in all likelihood will never be surpassed) is nothing out of the ordinary. Not everything is a shot at the opposition. Also where exactly is the insult or bantz in naming it gabba? Not like he named his dog "Steve smith is a cheating noob" (although its unfortunate he didnt).

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
just cuz indians are dumb doesn't mean there's a problem with doing it.

Also Gabba isn't a city, it's a ground. It's not even the real name of the ground, it's a nickname lol.
Well, sometimes it's just OK to respect people's sentiments than calling them dumb. I know that's the cool thing in India to do, you speak a little English, read a few books, and instead of fixing what's wrong just call people dumb.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, you have to consider these kind of things, whether you like it or not. If your people can't take a certain thing, you have to be considerate about it.

cnerd123

likes this
let's make this clear - you painted a hypothetical scenario where Indian people react in an irrational manner. You're the one who thinks the Indians are dumb and that Washington Sundar should therefore not name his dog whatever he wants.

I'm pretty sure Dan Christian naming his pet cat 'Bangalore' won't be quite the international incident you think it would be.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
let's make this clear - you painted a hypothetical scenario where Indian people react in an irrational manner. You're the one who thinks the Indians are dumb and that Washington Sundar should therefore not name his dog whatever he wants.

I'm pretty sure Dan Christian naming his pet cat 'Bangalore' won't be quite the international incident you think it would be.
Let's hope you are right on this one, and I do think that certain things "won't go down well with people here". That doesn't mean I am calling everyone dumb.

indiaholic

International Captain
I get where Karan is coming from, there is a difference between naming your dog Gabba vs naming your child or even your cat Gabba. Dogs have this stigma attached which you have to live here to understand.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I get where Karan is coming from, there is a difference between naming your dog Gabba vs naming your child or even your cat Gabba. Dogs have this stigma attached which you have to live here to understand.
That's exactly what I am talking about. And I did notice how smartly Cnerd switched from a naming a dog to a cat to make it sound like a non-issue:D.

Even in movies they use the word dog like some kind of an expletive. Which I personally hate.

Niall

International Coach
not sure this was posted.

Obvious exclusions are Kumar, Pandya and Shaw.

Kumar should be their, but its pointless to get worked up about it as clearly those in charge have decided he is no longer a test bowler.

Pandya, Shaw and to a lesser extent Kuldeep will command headlines but none of those are exclusions to get upset about.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Pandya, I'm sure the management knows better wrt his injuries. If he can't bowl much or could break down, no point having him there.

Kuldeep was an obvious one.

Shaw would arguably nick off constantly in English conditions, though I'd still have him around the squad for development purposes.

Not a massive fan of the standby players apart from Easwaran. Haven't heard of Nagwaswalla, just seen the solitary highlights package of him on BCCI.tv

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not a massive fan of the standby players apart from Easwaran. Haven't heard of Nagwaswalla, just seen the solitary highlights package of him on BCCI.tv
Yeah, would have liked to see Tyagi or Deepak Chahar also there and maybe even Unadkat. And need a few more batsmen out there. Seems rather bowling heavy, this side.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Lanka announce their squad for 3 ODIs against BAN. A few seniors including Angelo dumped. Can expect the same outfit fielded against India in July.