• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Tuned it to watch the Road Safety World Series Final. Surprised by the quality of play, Dhammika Prasad was touching 140 clicks and the pitch had so much bounce. Maharoof and Kulaskera were bowling as if they were still young, both showed so much of accuracy and good use of slower balls. Also, Herath and Dilshan have definitely not stopped practicing after they retired, both looking good.

For India, Sachin, Yuvraj and Yusuf looked like a million bucks with the bat. India and SL took this series so seriously, both teams are playing quality players who are actually bowling/batting well. I didn't expect too much when I tuned in, but loving it!!!

Last edited:

sunilz

International Regular
Why Kohli is getting out to spinners so often and failing to convert 50s into 100.
Is he going through a bad form or his days as ATG batsman are over ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not so sure, that matter has been sorted out. Even Kohli-Kumble rift was supposed to be settled just before Champions Trophy
Nah... that was never juz Kohli-Kumble. He had issues with most of the team and it was always gonna end bad. This is not like that. Plus, in this case, Rohit and Virat were the best of friends for very very long. There are clips from an A game they played against Australia in 2008 when Virat was cheering Rohit's 100 even more than his own, sorta like Gayle celebrating Hinds' 100 in a random WI ODI in the noughties, or like Siraj celebrating Ashwin's 100 recently. Its easier for friends to bury the hatchet than guys who only came to know each other in those roles.

sunilz

International Regular
Going through that list reminds what an incredibly satisfying season Indian fans have had. :thumbup:
I feel we have turned the clock 10 years back exactly. After a successful SA tour and WC victory, things were looking extremely bright for us.

I just pray 2021 ENG tour is not a repeat of 2011 ?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I feel we have turned the clock 10 years back exactly. After a successful SA tour and WC victory, things were looking extremely bright for us.

I just pray 2021 ENG tour is not a repeat of 2011 ?
Wouldn't call that SA tour successful. Our expectations from the team were very low.

Last edited:

karan_fromthestands

State Captain

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Nathan Lyon with some incendiary comments on WTC. Claims the Aussies would have rejected the Dukes balls if they were playing WTC final.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I wonder what could have happened if India wouldn't have messed it up royally against Bangladesh in the 2007 WC. I think we had a better team in the 2007 WC and were more prepared as compared to the 2011 WC which we won. It would have been really interesting if we would have advanced to the next round/rounds in the tournament.