• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not too sure of the balance, tbh. Really unsure why Rahane is still there when Rahul is available. I would have rather kept DK or brought in Raina there. Ultimately we are still missing a really good #4 and with MS showing definite signs of decline, its gonna be hard for us to be a force in LO cricket for a while.

Guess writing is on the wall on Pant as well. Bloke needs a lot more time on the A circuit by the looks of it. Hope he goes well and forces himself back to the side. Pretty obvious MSD is on borrowed time too.
Which is stupid. Pant has done nothing wrong, he just has not been given many chances at all. He was in the squad during the CT but did not get a single game.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He didn't look great in those few hits he had in the Windies, though, did he? Although in his defence, those slow low tracks are the worst suited for his style of batting.

cnerd123

likes this
He didn't look great in those few hits he had in the Windies, though, did he? Although in his defence, those slow low tracks are the worst suited for his style of batting.
really in his defence he was a 19/20 year old making his international debut away from home.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. he is still gonna be the same 19/20 year old boy if he plays the next series. I dont think he was overawed or anything. Anyways, I am a fan of him as much as anyone here. Just hope he breaks through sooner than later. Pandey and Pant for Yuvi and MSD may not be the worst trade off. Although, we will lose Yuvi's ability to bowl a few decent overs. Not sure if we wanna bank forever on the Kohli/Jadhav 6th bowler combination.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Guys, OS will be the one to blame. :) Harsh, can you ban the ****? Do you even realize how much Gambhiring we will have to do to negate this stupid post of yours? :@

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If you check the India-WI series thread, I made this comment before the start of the series that Windies is the worst place for him to make his debut. Low and slow tracks are totally not suitable for him. And even if he had got a good score, it would have been 'Meh, its Windies'.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For all his talent though, he is definitely overhyped. A quiet year on the A tours with Dravid will really help him out, I feel. Its also good that MSK Prasad mentioned he still remains a T20 option for the Indian side. It worked for Pandya and Bumrah. Maybe it will work for him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

A day where Sehwag, Dhoni and Yuvraj all fire in a T20 game in India. There really is very little any bowling attack can do to this group. Just a reminder how awesome a LO side we were between 2008 and 2011.

SeamUp

International Coach
I see Baba Indrajith doubled up in the Duleep recently & I got mixed up with Baba Aparajith who was from the same India u19 vintage as Unmukt Chand who has just fallen off the radar. Chappelli gave him the kiss of death like he did Jean-Paul Duminy (in a way).

So no Chand, Aparajith or Sarfaraz in any of the 3 squads.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I see Baba Indrajith doubled up in the Duleep recently & I got mixed up with Baba Aparajith who was from the same India u19 vintage as Unmukt Chand who has just fallen off the radar. Chappelli gave him the kiss of death like he did Jean-Paul Duminy (in a way).

So no Chand, Aparajith or Sarfaraz in any of the 3 squads.

Yeah all have kinda fallen through.. Though I think the Baba twins may still be in the mix.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin's not doing too great over in England, although it's still very early days obviously. From what I've read the Worcester pitch has been tailor made for spin and while he did very well in the first game he's kinda failed to do much else. Was comprehensively outbowled by a 20 year old nobody spinner in his latest game. Hope he figures it out, got a lot of respect for guys who try to get more FC exposure.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ashwin's not doing too great over in England, although it's still very early days obviously. From what I've read the Worcester pitch has been tailor made for spin and while he did very well in the first game he's kinda failed to do much else. Was comprehensively outbowled by a 20 year old nobody spinner in his latest game. Hope he figures it out, got a lot of respect for guys who try to get more FC exposure.

20 year old nobody spinner? YOu mean from the opposition team? BTW, only Cosgrove has said that. Even the match report says he was not the best spinner in the game. :laugh:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
20 year old nobody spinner? YOu mean from the opposition team? BTW, only Cosgrove has said that. Even the match report says he was not the best spinner in the game. :laugh:
Reporter kinda misinterpreted Cosgrove's comment imo.

Mark Cosgrove, the Leicestershire captain, went as far as describing him as "the best spinner in the game." While that might be wishful thinking, he is one of the players that provides hope of better times ahead for long-suffering Leicestershire supporters.
Cosgrove was just saying he bowled better than Ashwin but the reporter seems to have interpreted it as Cosgrove saying he's a better spinner than Ashwin.

The figures speak for themselves tbh, Ashwin didn't have much of an impact with the ball while the other bloke took a 10-fer.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, I only skimmed that report to see what the fuss was about, but I dont recall the reporter saying the other lad bowled better than Ashwin. And TBF, it also matters how the other bowlers around you bowl as it can often seem relative.