• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Things I noticed this round so far -

• Bhuvi got a 8 fer but the game is so funnily placed with his team bowled out for 60 and the other team making 188 and them on 46/0 now.
  • Mohammed Kaif, brother of Mohammed Shami, got a 4/14 in 4 overs and also smashed useful runs and is a regular #7 for Bengal. @Prince EWS
  • Goa are smashing runs for fun against Chandigarh in a battle of the UTs. Arjun Tendulkar made 70 off 60.
  • Kerala going well. TN looking very weak with many going to play for India A and the India T20I side.
  • That 12 year old kid got out for a duck.
  • Pujara seems to be playing on a minefield but has made 2 40s where teams are getting bowled out for 150.
  • Venky Iyer bowled 15 overs and got 2 wickets. Yet to bat.
  • In another Himalayan Derby, HP have a slender lead over Uttarakhand. Uttarakhand are 28/1 and 5 behind HP in the 3rd inning.
  • Pondicherry are giving a real game to Baroda, proving them beating Delhi last game was no fluke.
  • Sagar Udeshi with 11 wickets in the game so far. Was first change in the first innings, bowled the first over in the second. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If we get Hardik in for Dube and Bumrah in for Mukesh, this may well be our WC 11 for the T20 WC.

Rohit (c)
Jaiswal
Virat
Hardik (vc)
Rinku
Jitesh (wk)
Washy
Axar
Bishnoi
Arshdeep
Bumrah

We could play D Chahar for Bishnoi if the track looks like a seamer. May also carry Gill as the extra batter, Dube or Venky Iyer as the extra all-rounder, and maybe Siraj as the backup seamer. That could be the 15 provided everyone goes ok in the IPL and are fit and available.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Today's standouts for me -

• Riyan Parag with 115 off 125 as Assam try valiantly to match Kerala's 400 odd. They are 231/7 but Parag is gone.
  • TN and Delhi games being rained off.
  • Haryana upset Saurashtra inspite of the Pujara 40s. Nishant Sindhu, who is with CSK, got a 5fer and useful runs chasing.
  • Maharashtra Vs Jharkhand was a batting beauty and Maharashtra got the lead thanks to 100s from Kedar Jadhav, Ankit Bawne and Pavan Shah.
  • Star studded Punjab line up are 93/6 chasing 345 for first innings points against understated Railways.
  • Venky Iyer retired hurt after batting 4 balls. Hope its nothing serious.
  • Himalayan derby swinging Uttarakhand's way with HP 39/6 chasing 195 despite their first innings lead.
  • Baroda prevails over spirited Pondicherry as the UT collapses in the 4th innings chasing 200.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is Rohit Sharma too depressed to lead India in the T20 WC?
Yeah, ideally I would like to see Virat and Jaiswal opening and SKY at 3 with the rest of the line-up remaining the same, but if Rohit has to play, then one of Rinku/Hardik will have to miss out. :( Or maybe we drop Washy and use Jaiswal as our 6th bowler.

Socerer 01

International Captain

Today's standouts for me -

• Riyan Parag with 115 off 125 as Assam try valiantly to match Kerala's 400 odd. They are 231/7 but Parag is gone.
  • TN and Delhi games being rained off.
  • Haryana upset Saurashtra inspite of the Pujara 40s. Nishant Sindhu, who is with CSK, got a 5fer and useful runs chasing.
  • Maharashtra Vs Jharkhand was a batting beauty and Maharashtra got the lead thanks to 100s from Kedar Jadhav, Ankit Bawne and Pavan Shah.
  • Star studded Punjab line up are 93/6 chasing 345 for first innings points against understated Railways.
  • Venky Iyer retired hurt after batting 4 balls. Hope its nothing serious.
  • Himalayan derby swinging Uttarakhand's way with HP 39/6 chasing 195 despite their first innings lead.
  • Baroda prevails over spirited Pondicherry as the UT collapses in the 4th innings chasing 200.
****ing hell not another injury to Iyer

ataraxia

International Coach
I don't see anything out of the ordinary there.
Hang on, I think you're missing an outstanding performance there from Techi Doria. Carried his bat, just missing out on the ton as he scores more than half his team's runs, and has snared all wickets to thus fall for his team at an average economy rate.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hang on, I think you're missing an outstanding performance there from Techi Doria. Carried his bat, just missing out on the ton as he scores more than half his team's runs, and has snared all wickets to thus fall for his team at an average economy rate.
You're right. Sorry about that.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But seriously, how many all-time FC records are going to be obliterated?
Well fastest triple for one, and a few runs in a session and boundaries records.

It's funny how they have such a massive main competition then this little mickey mouse one that seems ordained to break records in the same manner as matches between low ranking associates break T20I records.