• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs. Pakistan test series

What will be the result of India vs. Pakistan test series?

• India wins

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pakistan wins

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FRAZ

International Captain
THIS IS A REAL SUBCONTINENTAL CRICKET EVENT . I pray for each and ever good thing happening after this series. Only some Indian Based forum members seem to be happy about this series .I am serious . I always feel a taunty behaviour in some forum members while talking , ne ways I can just ask them to be a little peaceful minded. My dad was a Pakistani born and moms an Indian and my grandma is pure british . I cant just support any team. I just like good cricket and thats it .

V Reddy

International Debutant
I feel that the outcome of this series is in the hands of Sami and Shoiab. If they can control the Indian batsman then the weak Indian bowling attack can make the Pak batsman look the best. I hope no unhappy incident takes place as many Indians are expected to travel to Pak to watch the series. The series passing peacefully and a Chennai type crowd behaviour( that requires an Indian victory ;) )is what is needed to bring the countries closer.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah well, only time will tell if the Karachi and Rawalpindi and Lahore crowds are as nice as the folk of Chennai.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I think the series will be very close. Even this poll suggests that :D. It will be very good for cricket in general if everything goes well. I hope the crowd in Pakistan behave like the people in Chennai did and support the spirit of the game even if the home team is on the receiving end.

The Pakistan bowling attack is no doubt good. Shoaib Akhtar is world class. But I dont think he will cause much trouble to the world's best batting line up. The Indians dominated the Aussie bowling attack IN AUSTRALIA where the pitches were supposed to be full of pace and bounce.

The Indian bowling is not as weak as most people think. Kumble is in great form and he will perform greatly on subcontinent pitches. And so will Karthik. The **** batters are not as good against spin as the Indians are. If Zaheer Khan returns, it will further bolster the Indian bowling.

Also the Indian ground fielding and catching has improved by bounds. The pakis are still weak in that category.

India is a better all round team and will therefore win the series.

FRAZ

International Captain
LOC is the name suggested for the series . LOLOL. not Line of control. But lions of cricket. Crazy person ,whoever suggested this name. Pakistani board suggested the name . Imran Kapil Trophy.Again some one who is quite effected by newspapers , Novels, and Movies suggested the name LOC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ReallyCrazy said:
India is a better all round team and will therefore win the series.
I wouldn't be so sure - depends on how they push on from the Australia tour.

Also, Pakistan are playing good cricket at the moment.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Reddy has the point. Pakistan pace bowlers and Saqlain are going to decide the series( just like the the series in Australia had to be decided by the Australian bowling.They failed, so they couldn't win the series) .
I heard Waqar is also coming.That will be great.So some real threat to Indians.
No need of predictions...just wait and see.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
"Indians no world champs"

Former cricket great Imran Khan on Sunday said Pakistan's bowling attack would test India's batting powerhouse in the forthcoming series, with pace bowler Shoaib Akhtar holding the ace.

Pakistan has a balanced bowling attack which will test the Indian batting and for me, Shoaib holds the ace as he is the deadliest bowler in modern day cricket," Khan said.

"Shoaib is the real match winner and with Mohammad Sami, Shabbir Ahmed and Umer Gul in back-up, the home bowling will give (India) a tough time," said Khan, who is now a member of parliament in Pakistan.

"The way Shoaib swung the match at Wellington goes to prove his worth as the most destructive bowler and he can wreck any batting lineup on any wicket," said Khan.

Akhtar, the fastest bowler in the world, finished with six for 30 off 18 overs in New Zealand's second innings in the second Test in Wellington late December to set up a famous win for Pakistan.

The revived three-match Test and five-game one-day series between India and Pakistan in March-April is eagerly anticipated. It will be the first time India has toured Pakistan for 14 years.

"India is on a high and their batting clicked in Australia, but you must consider the fact that Australia didn't have Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne, while Brett Lee and Jason Gillespie struggled with fitness," said Khan, who led Pakistan when India last played a series here in 1989-90.

And Khan refused to agree that India had dethroned Australia as the world's top Test team following the recent series between the two in Australia. India generally had the better of the series, although it ended up drawn at 1-1.

"Although their (Australia's) second line bowling attack was exposed by India, I still feel Australia is the top team in the world because their first class structure is very strong," he said.

Khan, under whom Pakistan won their only series in India in 1987-88, predicted an evenly contested forthcoming series.

"Indian bowling is OK but it's not lethal and if Pakistan's batting stands out it could be the decisive factor," said Khan, who claimed 362 wickets in 88 Test matches and 182 victims in 175 one-dayers for Pakistan

So what do u think guys????

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
CDAK said:
Reddy has the point. Pakistan pace bowlers and Saqlain are going to decide the series( just like the the series in Australia had to be decided by the Australian bowling.They failed, so they couldn't win the series) .
I heard Waqar is also coming.That will be great.So some real threat to Indians.
No need of predictions...just wait and see.
I don't think Waqar will be a threat even if he comes back....but I can't say the same for Saqi...he can become a headache for the Indian batsman as he has shown before in the 1999 series. Shoaib and Sami in full blast will surely be a handful, but if the Indian batsman remain true to their form they should be able to handle these two.

Bouncer

State Regular
I think this will be a very close series....Pak have upper hand coz they dont apparently have a weak link, as indians have in bowling. There batting If fires would be Davestating and considering that series is on pakistani pitches it can fire too, Indians have got world's best batting line up, No Doubt About That but unlike Pakistani batting who will be facing an average Indian bowwling attack, Indian batting has to face bowlers who can finish an innings in less than half a session:).

Another factor which can be noticed thoughout the history of Indo-Pak cricket is the raise in the level of cricket of Pakistani players and performing beyond their abilities against India. Backed by playing attacking cricket instinct of pakistani team i think they can beat the powerful indian batting line up.:)

PY

International Coach
Bouncer said:
Indians have got world's best batting line up, No Doubt About That
I personally would agree with that statement but I would say it's far from doubtless!!

The Aussies have a fair claim to that title.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
PY said:
I personally would agree with that statement but I would say it's far from doubtless!!

The Aussies have a fair claim to that title.
I view South Africa as the strognest coz of their depth. So yea, far from doubtless..

Choora

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Imran's not going to say anything else, is he?
Not about this series, but this is what Imran has to say about Indian team

"The way they played in the World Cup and on this tour of Australia...I’d put India right at the top," says Imran Khan, former Pakistan captain. "They have most areas covered and are a young side. Most of these players will be around till the next World Cup in 2007 in the West Indies. Even the emerging players have proved they have enough talent. But the Aussies can’t say the same anymore. Yes, India are proving to be the world-beaters."

Obviously Imran can't say that Pakistan will get a thrashing at the hands of India in the comming series, but i think deep down Pakistanis are aware of hard facts!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
vishnureddy said:
I feel that the outcome of this series is in the hands of Sami and Shoiab. .
I would say that the outcome of the series would be in the hands of Shoaib and SAQLAIN (remember that both did well in the last test series in India)

I feel that Saqlain is still a very good bowler and if he is given a chance then he will prove many people wrong. If Saqlain is not selected then Indians victory chances will get brighter.

Remember Saqlain's endless spells from one end, combined with high pace from the other is something what Pak should be looking for.

And Ather would have to be at his brilliant best, if not then it would be disaster for Pak, as i don't see Sami,Shabbir or Umar as a real threat for Indian batters!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Bazid Khan!

I have a question for Pakistani fans, will Pak selectors take a risk and give Bazid Khan the test cap in the series against India??

Bazid is the son of former great Majid Khan and has done wonders in the current dometic tour, the selectors went to see the final of the tour just to have a look at bazid who scored 50 in the match.

I think he will surely play in the series three dayer opening side match

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Obviously Imran can't say that Pakistan will get a thrashing at the hands of India in the comming series, but i think deep down Pakistanis are aware of hard facts!
1 swallow does not a summer make, so until they repeat this, there's no hard facts.