• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan Tour: Indian Squad

adharcric

International Coach
Pakistan's tour of India is approaching, with nearly a month remaining. Will the one-day and test squads comprise of the usual players, or will someone new get a chance? Of the following 25 players, who do you think should be in India's one-day/test squads for Pakistan? (assume 15-man squads)

BATSMEN
V. Sehwag, S. Tendulkar, V. Laxman, S. Ganguly, R. Dravid, M. Kaif, Y. Singh, D. Jadhav, G. Gambhir, Y. Venugopal Rao, D. Mongia, S. Sriram, S. Raina
WICKETKEEPERS
D. Karthik, M. Dhoni
BOWLERS
I. Pathan, Z. Khan, A. Agarkar, A. Nehra, L. Balaji, J. Sharma, A. Bhandari,
A. Kumble, H. Singh, M. Kartik

wahindiawah

Banned
adharcric said:
Pakistan's tour of India is approaching, with nearly a month remaining. Will the one-day and test squads comprise of the usual players, or will someone new get a chance? Of the following 25 players, who do you think should be in India's one-day/test squads for Pakistan? (assume 15-man squads)

BATSMEN
V. Sehwag, S. Tendulkar, V. Laxman, S. Ganguly, R. Dravid, M. Kaif, Y. Singh, D. Jadhav, G. Gambhir, Y. Venugopal Rao, D. Mongia, S. Sriram, S. Raina
WICKETKEEPERS
D. Karthik, M. Dhoni
BOWLERS
I. Pathan, Z. Khan, A. Agarkar, A. Nehra, L. Balaji, J. Sharma, A. Bhandari,
A. Kumble, H. Singh, M. Kartik
TEST MATCH.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar/Kaif(if Tend is injured)
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Karthik
IRFAN PATHAN
Khan
Kumble
Hurb.

This team looks good enough to beat Pak with ease. Kaif should always be given chance on Sub-cont wkts, he does a good job on batting turf

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
wahindiawah said:
TEST MATCH.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar/Kaif(if Tend is injured)
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Karthik
IRFAN PATHAN
Khan
Kumble
Hurb.

This team looks good enough to beat Pak with ease. Kaif should always be given chance on Sub-cont wkts, he does a good job on batting turf
You must be insane. Yuvraj but no Laxman? Also, I hardly think India will beat Pakistan with ease...

amokk1

U19 12th Man
Interesting man. Also Noticed you picked Yuvraj and made Kaif available if Tendulkar is injured. I think Kaif would be a better choice then Yuvraj.

Laxman, I am not so sure about him. But, Think he should be retained for this series.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
TESTS: The usual team.

ODI's: They need a new team and may implement as many as 7 changes from the team that played in the Champions Trophy. Tendulkar may stay out of this series. For a change, they must field a fully functional fielding squad.

adharcric

International Coach
What about the bowlers (including the reserves)? How is Balaji doing at the moment and what about Nehra, Agarkar and the new guys like Sharma and Gagandeep Singh?

adharcric

International Coach
Projected ODI Squad (worst case scenario without Tendulkar, 14 players)
Ganguly
Dravid
Sehwag
Kaif
Yuvraj
Laxman/Jadhav/Gambhir/Sriram
Laxman/Jadhav/Gambhir/Sriram
Dhoni
Pathan
Khan
Harbhajan
Kumble
Agarkar/Nehra/Balaji/Bhandari
Agarkar/Nehra/Balaji/Bhandari

*Laxman should be given a shot in the ODIs, but Sriram has performed lately, and Jadhav and Gambhir are both long overdue for an opportunity, although it may be more appropriate in the test squad

**In the Deodhar Trophy matches so far, here are the figures from AA,AB,AN:
Agarkar 27-143-5 (Econ. 5.3)
Bhandari 24-124-6 (Econ. 5.2)
Nehra 23-94-0 (Econ. 4.1)

What do you think?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is all assuming Sachin is unable to play either the test or ODI series.

Tests: (15)

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Laxman
Ganguly (c)
Kaif
Karthik (wk)
Pathan
Kumble
Harbhajan
Zaheer

Reserve Bowlers: Agarkar/Balaji (Is he back to 100% fitness?), Kartik
Reserve Batsman: Yuvraj, Sriram

ODIs: (15)

Sehwag
Ganguly (c)
Laxman
Kaif
Dravid
Yuvraj
Dhoni/Karthik (wk)
Pathan
Harbhajan
Kumble
Zaheer

Reserve Bowlers: Agarkar, Balaji (If fit), Bhandari
Reserve Batsman: Sriram

If Balaji isn't fit, he'd be replaced with Nehra in both squads. I think if someone is seriously out of form in the ODI team (hopefully doesn't come to that) Sriram could get a shot. I still want India to try having Kumble and Harbhajan both playing in the ODIs. They're our best bowlers, don't see why one should miss out.

I see our test team however as unchangeable.

Last edited:

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
This is all assuming Sachin is unable to play either the test or ODI series.

Tests: (15)

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Laxman
Ganguly (c)
Kaif
Karthik (wk)
Pathan
Kumble
Harbhajan
Zaheer

Reserve Bowlers: Agarkar/Balaji (Is he back to 100% fitness?), Kartik
Reserve Batsman: Yuvraj, Sriram

ODIs: (15)

Sehwag
Ganguly (c)
Laxman
Kaif
Dravid
Yuvraj
Dhoni/Karthik (wk)
Pathan
Harbhajan
Kumble
Zaheer

Reserve Bowlers: Agarkar, Balaji (If fit), Bhandari
Reserve Batsman: Sriram

If Balaji isn't fit, he'd be replaced with Nehra in both squads. I think if someone is seriously out of form in the ODI team (hopefully doesn't come to that) Sriram could get a shot. I still want India to try having Kumble and Harbhajan both playing in the ODIs. They're our best bowlers, don't see why one should miss out.

I see our test team however as unchangeable.
I agree with your teams. As for the patriotic Indian who said India will win with ease, we will see. Pakistanis were making these same comments and look what happened.

adharcric

International Coach
a slight variation . . .

Test Squad
V. Sehwag
G. Gambhir
R. Dravid
V. Laxman
S. Ganguly*
M. Kaif
D. Karthik+
I. Pathan
A. Kumble
H. Singh
Z. Khan

Y. Singh
D. Jadhav
L. Balaji/A. Nehra (contingent on Balaji's fitness and form)
M. Kartik

...Agarkar is a poor performer in tests, Sriram has never played in one (but if Sachin can't bowl, maybe we will need another option), Jadhav has a first-class average over 60!

One-Day Squad
V. Sehwag
S. Ganguly*
V. Laxman
M. Kaif
R. Dravid
Y. Singh
M. Dhoni+
A. Agarkar
I. Pathan
H. Singh
Z. Khan

S. Sriram
A. Bhandari
L. Balaji/A. Nehra
A. Kumble

...dhoni should've sealed it up with his superior performance in the deodhar matches, sriram is useful with bat and ball, bhandari should get a chance because right now he might outperform khan, agarkar, nehra and balaji, and as much as i love kumble, he is no longer effective in ODIs and we should only consider 2 spinners if the pitch really suits it (which could be a possibility in this series, but then again we do have sriram, sehwag and yuvraj as spinners)

cricket player

International Debutant
Laxman is a valuable player in both forms of the game.Tendulkar wont be playing as of now I have no idea if he would but i believe that he would be playing.

adharcric

International Coach
with agarkar and dhoni in the ODI side, i think our ODI batting becomes very formidable despite the absence of tendulkar ...

No I can't agree with the Indian lineup here. I would suggest the following are better and more deserving choices.

INDIA

Ashok Rohan
Jagdish Rabindra
Narendra Narinda
Chandra Manish
Ranj Sudasharna
Gotam Mahinder
Ankur Naitik
Anil Rahul
Ratnam Mamood
Raj Prakash
Nishant Harshal
Krishna Mohan - Twelfth Man

Cricket player, I am disappointed at your ignorance regarding Indian cricket. I suggest you lift your head out of the curry and get stuck into some solid research on the game.

cricket player

International Debutant
I understand by that is ridicoulse line up if that is for the indian A then brilliant but if that is for the inernational line up then i have the right to call that line up a stupid one.obvoiusle there is no rahul dravid or sehwag in that line up and i am wondering why can you please explain it to me regarding what you are thinking there dear.

Cricket Player,

All of the players I mention would easily slot into an international lineup. A side littered with fantastic all rounders, all capable of tearing most modern day attacks apart. Gotam Mahinder just as one example has averaged 78 runs in the one dayers yet due to a falling out with the Indian Cricket Board over the toilet facilities in Mahabalipuram - we haven't seen him in action for a while. Mahinder wanted the old toilets replaced with the Japanese "Toto" toilets which provide a more efficient and powerful flush but the Board labeled Mahinder a troublemaker and sent him packing back to village cricket for the Summer. Mahinder is now being reconsidered but he's banned from using the toilet facilities until he retracts his initial complaint. I call it petty really.

amokk1

U19 12th Man
Just wondering, what ever happended to Balaji and Patel? I don't think we'll see them play again.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
India Test:
Shewag
Gambhir
Dravid
Laxman
Ganguly
Tendulkar (Dhoni)
Yuraj
Kaif
Khartik