• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Breaks it Finally !!

martin88

Banned
As a final stamp of how Zaheer has been good recently, he has made the Wisden World XI test team in their latest edition.
Wisden lists always tend to have bias for performances for/against England. So I wouldnt read much into it. Still Zaheer would make my current World XI which would go something like this :

G Smith - C
G Gambhir
J Kallis
S Tendulkar
S Chanderpaul
A Prince
M Dhoni - WK/VC
M Johnson
Z Khan
D Steyn
M Muralitharan

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It was a good spell and the bowling too was good but Zaheer is not the 'great' some are trying to make him out to be. He is just a solid Test performer.
I really don't understand this.. I don't see him having been labelled "great" by any of the regular posters here...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wisden lists always tend to have bias for performances for/against England. So I wouldnt read much into it.
:blink:

Leaving aside the fact that this statement makes no sense whatsoever, the three-man panel that selected him was Ravi Shastri, Ian Smith and Ian Bishop. I'm not sure how you get a combined pro and anti-English bias when you combine an Indian, a West Indian and a New Zealander.

martin88

Banned
:blink:

Leaving aside the fact that this statement makes no sense whatsoever, the three-man panel that selected him was Ravi Shastri, Ian Smith and Ian Bishop. I'm not sure how you get a combined pro and anti-English bias when you combine an Indian, a West Indian and a New Zealander.
Ooh. I forgot Wisden became part of ESPN STAR. Replace hitherto England with India then.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ooh. I forgot Wisden became part of ESPN STAR. Replace hitherto England with India then.
That's as may be, but it's a strange comment coming from someone who just started a thread bemoaning the lack of pro-Indian writers on ESPN's biggest cricket website.