• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India batting lineup for 2022 world cup

slippy888

International Captain
We cant go with this current lineup and with need another decent spinner, Rahul and Sharma must be replaced and Suru Yadav, for the likes of Gill, Shaw, Jaiswal. India need fearless batting approach in these kind of tournaments, look what Satner has done to us last 2 tournaments he a modest spinner and batsman are tied down refusing to take risks. And for me Jadeja must be replaced he was terrible with the ball in pak and new zealand game.

loterry1994

International Debutant
For me I’d take out Rohit, Pant, Buvneshwar, Jadeja, Ashwin, Shami and maybe even Kohli. I’d have guys like Shaw, Gaikwad, Chahal, Axar, Jaiswal, Natarajan, Samson etc to come in. India went with a team based on past reputation and not on form kind of like West Indies this World Cup and it ended up costing them. Sorry I just saw you put batting line up but this is my whole team of change

loterry1994

International Debutant
I think Ashwin will be good for a experience spinner
Ashwins finished in the shorter formats in my opinion same with Jadeja both are more defensive type bowlers in t20 and odis. I was surprised they didn’t pick Chahal to play in the World Cup, and also Axar and Kuldeep are better options they are more attacking and looking to take wickets

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Rahul's problems are entirely of his own making. He can be as destructive as anyone in the game; it's the management's failure his role hasn't been conveyed to him clearly enough.

sunilz

International Regular
At First we need a proper captain who doesn't use the team for his PR activities.
The shameless fraud should have been sacked after 2017 CT Final where he was laughing shamelessly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Do you mean the World T20 or the actual World Cup? I though the World cup was 2023
The ICC has inexplicably changed the name of World T20 to T20 World Cup. They had a good branding thing going with WC for 50 overs, and WT20 for 20 overs and WTC for Tests. Now apparently, each will just be called "format" World Cup.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The ICC has inexplicably changed the name of World T20 to T20 World Cup. They had a good branding thing going with WC for 50 overs, and WT20 for 20 overs and WTC for Tests. Now apparently, each will just be called "format" World Cup.
yeah I hate it

cnerd123

likes this
I'm all for a batting overhaul but Jaiswal needs to be in the ODI/India A/Test framework and kept far away from T20s IMO

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I'm all for a batting overhaul but Jaiswal needs to be in the ODI/India A/Test framework and kept far away from T20s IMO
I don’t watch domestic so not 100% sure but Gaikwad looks like a test player to me.
Jaiswal looks more suited towards T20s and maybe ODIs, definitely not tests.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sources close to the team say you could pick a third XI and they would still win any T20 tournament they compete in.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ashwins finished in the shorter formats in my opinion same with Jadeja both are more defensive type bowlers in t20 and odis. I was surprised they didn’t pick Chahal to play in the World Cup, and also Axar and Kuldeep are better options they are more attacking and looking to take wickets
Ok this is ****ing stupid