• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ind Vs Pak - The player ratings

deeps

International 12th Man
The ratings, my style.. starting with Pakistan, the winners, the best player automatically gets 10, and he is the reference for the other ratings.

10 = Rana Naved Ul Hasan- Bowled with alot of heart and made the most of the pitch in almost every game. Gave Pakistan the ideal start almost all the time, and removed the dangerous Sehwag 4 times.

9 = Inzamam Ul Haq - Was Extremely steady wtih the bat, and steered the team to victory on a number of occasions. Ran the hard singles he's not known for, and never let pressure get to his batting.

8.5 = Shoaib Malik - After a poor start to the series, he came good when it mattered the most. He was, along with Inzi, the rock of the pakistani batting. Bowled a few innocous overs, but his batting revealed a cool customer who can handle any situation.

8.5 = Shahid Afridi - After another poor start to the series, he made a mockery of the indian bowling and set pakistan off to a blistering pace in the remainin matches, includin the innings of the series, the 100 off 45 balls, which virtually ripped the hearts out of the indian team for the next match.

8 = Salman Butt - Provided very solid starts for the pakistani's in most matches, but was overshadowed by afridi. Looks a very very good prospect.

7.5= Yousuf Youhana - Played some handy innings and a few brief cameo's. Was excellent in the field throughout the series.

7.5 = Abdul Razzaq - Was extremely solid with both bat and ball.

7 = Mohammed Sami - Bowled extremely well, but without much reward. Seems to have taken the next step up. Missed the final 2 matches through injury

6 = Arshad khan = Didn't play all the games possible, but when he was called upon, he did a magnificent job, and after kaneria's failure in the odi's, has possibly got himself a spot in the team for the next series.

6 = Kamran Akmal - Did an alright job behind the stumps and failed to impress with the bat, despite opening the batting in one game.

6 = Rao Iftikhar Anjum - Played only 2 matches, and although didnt take many wickets, he took the all important one of Tendulkar in the final odi. He was tight throughout his overs not conceeding very many runs.

4 = Younis Khan - Made a good 40 in the final match, and captained well, didn't do much else throughout the series, though he was batting well down the order and missed the first 2 matches through sickness.

4 = Mohammad hafeez - Failed to impress with neither bat or bowl. Showed he has some potential but hasn't done much. Dropped a crucial catch in the 1st or 2nd odi (cna't remember) off sehwag, who went on and made a match winning century.

3 = Danish kaneria - The highly respected Leg Spinner in the test matches, was mauled by the indian batting when it came to the one dayers. Played two games, and did nothin in both. Will probably be labelled as a test only player now.

deeps

International 12th Man
The Indians

7 = Rahul Dravid - Played solidly in almost all the games, and never gave up hope. Fielded well

6.5 = Virender Sehwag - Played brilliantly in the first 2 matches and then was rendered almost useless by rana and co. Always looked dangerous, but failed to deliver after the first 2 matches.

6.5 = MS Dhoni - Played an excellent innings in the 2nd odi, and played some alright knocks, as well as keeping solidly

6= Zaheer Khan - Bowled extremely well without much reward, showed alot of heart.

6 = Sachin Tendulkar - One excellent innings, and 5 failures, his bowling was very good, however he was under utilised. Fielding was solid

6 = Ashish Nehra - Bowled well at the beginning and took lots of wickets. Was surprisingly left out of the 5th odi, and came back a lot worse off for it. Got the only 2 run outs for the indians in the entire series. India's leading wicket taker. Seems to have found some heart.

6 = mohammed kaif - Shown that he has the fighting michael bevan type spirit, and probably can do that job for india with a bit more experience. Took a blinder in the 5th odi.

5 = Harbajan Singh - Failed to take wickets regularly for the indian team, wasnt' very impressive. Seemed a shadow of himself

5 = Murali Karthik - Played in one game, and did a very good job considering pakistan chased down 319 in that game. India used him to attack, and he picked up 2 vital wickets in Salman Butt and Shoaib malik. only conceeded 54 in his 10 overs which was good lookin at the other bowlers stats

5 = Yuvraj Singh - apart from a 35 off 26 in the 4th ODI, didn't really do much. Took a few wickets, dropped a vital catch off shoaib malik.

3.5 = Lakshmipath Balaji - Started off OK, picked up an injury and missed the 3rd odi, and was hammered around the park after that.

3 = Anil Kumble - Had a poor comeback, but was unfortunate to end up right in the middle of an afridi special. His first over went for 24 odd runs, and was immediately thrown out of the attack. came back admirably, but that one over of afridi carnage had ruined his figures already.

2 = Sourav ganguly - A series to forget for him, batted extremely poorly, captained poorly, ended up being slapped with a 6 match ban for slow over rates. His ODI career seems ended for a long period of time at least.

2 = Irfan Pathan - The most notable thing he did throughout the series, was a 64 when the game was well and truly lost. Bowled pathetically, lacked heart and ended his bowlin for the series by bowling 2 beamers and being ejected from the attack. Was subsequentally dropped for the final 2 odi's.

nehrafan

Banned
THis bald guy (naveed) appears to be a player of very limited talent, he does tries his level best and is often rewarded but i don't think he can continue to play long for Pakistn team

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
nehrafan said:
THis bald guy (naveed) appears to be a player of very limited talent, he does tries his level best and is often rewarded but i don't think he can continue to play long for Pakistn team
Chris harris, Gavin Larsen were of very limited talent too. Its more important what you do with it. Till now Naved has shown a good brain to bowl with utility in the one day game. If he can keep that up, he can certainly be more useful than some one like Sami (The Indian Ajit Agarkar!)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
nehrafan said:
Well if this is what he can do with so-called limited talent i shudder to think if he was more talented.

By the way, you are a fan of Nehra for his talent or for the fresh air betwen his ears. Someone needs to tell him that cricket is a game which rewards intelect but I doubt if he will get that, talent notwithstanding :sleep:

masterblaster

International Captain
SJS said:
Well if this is what he can do with so-called limited talent i shudder to think if he was more talented.

By the way, you are a fan of Nehra for his talent or for the fresh air betwen his ears. Someone needs to tell him that cricket is a game which rewards intelect but I doubt if he will get that, talent notwithstanding :sleep:
GOLD!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
nehrafan said:
:blink:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Very good player ratings Deeps. I will not be surprised in the slightest if you`re pretty much spot on with what the Cricinfo man says. With the Pakistan ones anyway... a few Indian ones were perhaps a tad harsh. Dravid! He gets an 8 from me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nehrafan said:
I assume that's because he'll actually come across some decent batsmen on high scoring wickets and be taken apart then?

deeps

International 12th Man
Nnanden said:
Very good player ratings Deeps. I will not be surprised in the slightest if you`re pretty much spot on with what the Cricinfo man says. With the Pakistan ones anyway... a few Indian ones were perhaps a tad harsh. Dravid! He gets an 8 from me.
yeh the indian ones were a bit harsh, but apart from sehwag dravid and dhoni, no1 really played a match winning innings with bat nor ball.

In fact, apart from dravid dhoni, sehwag and tendulkar, no1 did ANYTHING of note.

yeh perhaps dravid desereved an 8, but apart from the others i mentioned above, all the others deserved a low mark

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
deeps said:
2 = Sourav ganguly - A series to forget for him, batted extremely poorly, captained poorly, ended up being slapped with a 6 match ban for slow over rates. His ODI career seems ended for a long period of time at least.
Two points for what?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pratyush said:
Two points for what?
Well said. He honestly gets a 0.5 from me, and that`s because he scored at least a few runs at an average of seven. :)