• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ind v NZ

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For the sake of the Indians who have remained on here, and not been "extreme posters" (so to speak), so do I.

Also, since I never put anything on Australia at the start, I hope they don't win!

anzac

International Debutant
well hats off to Surav Ganguly & India.

A dominant performance in all aspects of the game from the toss, captaining, bowling, effort in the field & finally batting depth - NZ were outplayed across the park! IND & NZ now appear at 180 degrees from when they both left NZ.

It is nice to be able to say that the Indian seamers set up this victory and not their batting lineup or their spin attack. I was surprised at their consistant line, length & especially their pace - only Bond was quicker than Khan or Nehra, who were both noticeably quicker than Oram or Tuffey.

Their improvement since their performances earlier in the season (including the Home series v WI) has been superb, and I can only put this down to the influence of Srinath. Previously the seam attack had relied upon Khan, but with Srinath back in the side he has a partner & a leader, & the player who appears to have benefitted from this most is Nehra.

I hope the seamers maintain their confidence once he retires (again), & it will also be interesting to see if Srinath can be convinced to play Test cricket for one more season as a result of the influence he has had with this seam attack in ODIs.

NZ's successes this season had been built upon their ability to put even little partnerships together when batting, but they have produced their worst batting performances in their last 2 matches when it counted, whereas the bowling (Bond) has improved.

The match would have been a lot more interesting if McCullum had held the catch & India were 4/28, but to blame him would be an injustice to his glove work in the WC, particularly as the primary dangers had been removed with the top 3 batsmen.

While disappointed with the result, it is not so much the loss as opposed to the nature of it - out with a whimper not a bang!!!! In these last 2 matches NZ has become a 2 trick poney - Bond's bowling & Fleming's batting, & when neither is there the cupboard is bare!

I hope India can maintain this confidence & form & meet AUS in the final & make a match of it. As for NZ I will not even contemplate them progressing based upon an improbable ZIM win over SL - to do so would be beyond the realms of credibility & an embarassment to all based upon their current poor form.

:(