• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Season Training

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
During the games players improve as they use their skills.

However, during the season teams will have their own training and practices. These training sessions will allow teams to address their issues and needs.

Intensive work can allow a player to improve in areas but it also has the effect to neglect others.

Basically, a player can improve in an area at the cost of another. This allows players to be more suited to their teams plans and their teams more balanced.

During the season a player can improve a stat by 2 points once, by asking for 3 points to be taken off elsewhere. To re-state, this can be done once in the season and the improvement must be a min and a max of 2 at the expense of 3 points from elsewhere.

If a player decides to do this then they must say so in this thread AND the change must be confirmed by their captain.

Example
Code:
Name         Age Nat St Tk Ps Sh Ag 
------------------------------------
E_Xample     27 CWL  1  10 10 10 20
wants to become a better midfielder. So they ask for 2 off attacking and 1 off defending (or any combination totaling 3 points)

Resulting in- New profile
Code:
Name         Age Nat St Tk Ps Sh Ag 
------------------------------------
E_Xample     27 CWL  1   9 12  8 20
Only CW players can take advantage of this

EDIT- It is different for keepers. Goal keepers can make a straight swap of upto 2 points from a non-keeping skill to a keeping skill.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If they have 2 they can drop it to 1 but there must be a min of 1.
Yeah but don't you have to drop 3 points. For example

Code:
Blake_Donald  18 CWL 22  1  2  1
If he wants to improve his keeping he can only drop points in passing and only 1 point. Can he still add 2 points to keeping. Or due to fact he doesn't have 3 points to drop else where he not allowed to be trained.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but don't you have to drop 3 points. For example

Code:
Blake_Donald  18 CWL 22  1  2  1
If he wants to improve his keeping he can only drop points in passing and only 1 point. Can he still add 2 points to keeping. Or due to fact he doesn't have 3 points to drop else where he not allowed to be trained.
Original post edited. Keepers can make a straight swap of upto 2 points to their keeping skill as long as they keep a min of 1 on all categories.

I think it makes sense that keepers can focus on their keeping skills and neglect their others whilst doing so.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Might as well start things off.

Tharmi Loganathan: TK 18 to 20, SH 2 to 1, PS 6 to 4

Manju to confirm I guess.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not convinced, but on the Captain's recommendation:

Heath Davis: TK 18 to 20, PS 6 to 3
I'm not going to confirm this unless you want to do it.

The only players I really want to do this are guys with useless 3rd stats, like our forwards, Blake, Manju, Paddy and Trav. I got no problem with yourself, Xav or Griffen staying the same.

Your stats are fine with if your happy with them. Overall it better to high primaries, but if you want decent secondary skills then it is fine you keeping it the same. Up you what type of player you want to be. Looking at again we need either you or Xav to stay the same. Would recommend Xav to change it as he closer to national team, so high primaries is probably more important there.

cometer

State Regular
David Comley: SH 16 to 18, TK 3 to 1, PS 8 to 7

Does the current shooting experience points remain the same or any other skill for that matter. So it would stay at 846 or whatever it currently is, rather than be reset to 0? That might influence my decision a bit because if you then reset them as 0, I'd be better off waiting til I reached 17 sh, before getting the training boost.