• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imagine the hype if Flintoff produced the kind of knock Afridi just did.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Afridi has produced some amazing innings, and match winning ones too.

His 45 bal 100 against india comes to mind as a great match winning performance.
His 36 ball 100 also obviously.

A 141 against India in a test match was match winning and brilliant too

I think Afridi > Flintoff as a batsman.
Sure, flintoff is more consistent, but Afridi wins more matches (with the bat that is)

as a bowler, flintoff wins hands down
Are you insane in the membrane?

Afridi has produced some amazing innings, and match winning ones too.

His 45 bal 100 against india comes to mind as a great match winning performance.
His 36 ball 100 also obviously.

A 141 against India in a test match was match winning and brilliant too

I think Afridi > Flintoff as a batsman.
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Finally, A fellow true aficionado of the game emerges from the dross.

deeps

International 12th Man
meh, I feel Flintoff's batting is over rated.

Sure, he can hit the ball big, I'll admit i havne't seen a whole lot of him, but against Australia at least, i've rarely seen him do much.

I suppose as a test batsman, Flintoff would be better.
I'm in ODI mode atm :p

and as an ODI batsman, i'll take Afridi over Flintoff easily

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Afridi makes me want to puke. Give me a Kallis or Dravid finely crafted innings any day.

And no, Afridi is not better than Flintoff in batting or bowling.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Shame Davey boy had to just go own himself. He sure does know his cricket.

Although that's what happens when you try tangling with me. You invariably end up flat on your face, just ask Richard.
Tbf, that 3 at Lords > Afridi.

The only sour point of the whole thing was that he wasn't also promoted above Inzy, who pretty needlessly came and went, when the stage was already set for the powerful Pathan.

The deliveries he used up surely deprived the enormously talented genius of another glorious, blazing century, and yet another slot in the record books.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The only sour point of the whole thing was that he wasn't also promoted above Inzy, who pretty needlessly came and went, when the stage was already set for the powerful Pathan.

The deliveries he used up surely deprived the enormously talented genius of another glorious, blazing century, and yet another slot in the record books.
Yet another? Alongside fastest 100 and what else? Show me another string to Afridi's bow and I might start to believe he's half the player Flintoff is.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yet another? Alongside fastest 100 and what else? Show me another string to Afridi's bow and I might start to believe he's half the player Flintoff is.
Flintoff at his best vs. Afridi at his best. Thats a massacre, and Afridi wouldn't be a fifth of the player.

Flintoff at his best has the can be the best bowler in the world. 90+mph, swinging it both ways with bounce and accuracy. Handful to anyone, including the best batsman in the world (as Ponting found out).

I'd take that one over Flintoff had in the '05 Ashes over any and all innings that Afridi has ever had with the bat.

Ever.

Natman20

International Debutant
Afridi does not consistently score enough runs as he just gets out whacking. His bowling is average nothing spectacular. Whereas Andrew Flintoff is very consistant with the ball taking crucial wockets all the time and keeping the run-rate down on most occassions. Flintoffs batting is played more sensibly and can be destructive or patient. A far better temparament makes Flintoff the much better, greater player.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Come on, people! Stop taking this thread seriously! :wallbash: It's blatantly obvious now that GIMH was right, this is the latest Shane_Warne\BingLeeElectric aegis. And we all know his Afridiism...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shame Davey boy had to just go own himself. He sure does know his cricket.

Although that's what happens when you try tangling with me. You invariably end up flat on your face, just ask Richard.
Yep, it's him.
My thoughts exactly when I read that post.

Gohhh, what's the point in keeping on making new alter-egos (this one was semi-convincing for a short time, too) if you're going to blatantly give yourself away? :wallbash:

My thoughts exactly when I read that post.

Gohhh, what's the point in keeping on making new alter-egos (this one was semi-convincing for a short time, too) if you're going to blatantly give yourself away? :wallbash:
If by being right, therefore gives me away then so be it.

I will not bring myself down to the likes of your level by putting on a stupid act in order to survive,

I also refuse to join the impressionable Flintoff cheerleader groupies in order to conform with such mindless sheep.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If by being right, therefore gives me away then so be it.

I will not bring myself down to the likes of your level by putting on a stupid act in order to survive,

I also refuse to join the impressionable Flintoff cheerleader groupies in order to conform with such mindless sheep.
You do that and live a nice happy life :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm really beginning to wonder whether Shane_Warne\BingLeeElectric aren't the Camel56 types, too, y'know...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Coming from the "person" who is here all day, every day, has almost 3,000 posts, and pounces on my every word almost as quickly as Richie.
How would you know I come on here every day if you've been a member for less than a week??

And with that statement, you are basically labelling this whole community people with no lives.

I have always said that people who call other people sad, are usually the saddest ones of the lot................