• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If your team don’t win it, who would you like to?

King Kane

International Debutant
If my team NZ don't win it I would like to see another team win it that hasn't won it before so that would be the Netherlands, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and South Africa.

None of them have much chance of winning it though apart from South Africa but I would struggle to barrack for them to win it before NZ did.

We deserve to win it before those World Cup chokers do, we have made two World Cup finals, robbed in one, and they haven't even made one yet.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's ok, most likely NZ will fall at a late or final hurdle and you can be joyful satisfied that all is right in the world.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Is there a possibility for no one to win? Who wins if the final is rained out, including the spare day? And then what about the semis? And then what about if a plague of crickets disrupts the rest of the tournament?

King Kane

International Debutant
Is there a possibility for no one to win? Who wins if the final is rained out, including the spare day? And then what about the semis? And then what about if a plague of crickets disrupts the rest of the tournament?
I would prefer either of those scenarios if it prevents Australia from winning it again.

Boags

Cricket Spectator
Don't really care if my own team wins tbh, we got 2019 and it's not going to get any better than that.

I've got a soft spot for Pakistan, but really, any team that isn't Australia or India.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not going to defend that - I didn't like it then and don't like it now. But I don't really see how a handful of players being dickheads 12 years ago is relevant to our current team.

The willingness to select Scott Kuggeleijn is a bigger black mark against us, IMO.

Slifer

International Captain
Seeing that my team embarrassingly didn't qualify, I don't much care who wins. Would love to see a NZ or RSA win their first WC though.

slowfinger

International Debutant
if England / Pak don't win, i'd actually like to see SA get through. It's not fun any more seeing them as the chokers of the WC

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Great confidence on England, almost over confidence. You are a fitting fan for England, over confident just like your team. This over confidence will lead to their downfall just watch. Playing reckless/T20 type cricket will back fire against top teams.
I called it and England obliged as expected!

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Obviously an entirely hypothetical question given England will win, but for me if they didn’t I think I’d root for Pakistan

I love Shaheen, and they’re just something endearing about Pakistan on song isn’t there? I loved their 09 T20 win over here.

Obviously the counter to this is I don’t wish to see @trundler have any joy, but.
Congratulations for the victory like you knew would happen!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously an entirely hypothetical question given England will win, but for me if they didn’t I think I’d root for Pakistan

I love Shaheen, and they’re just something endearing about Pakistan on song isn’t there? I loved their 09 T20 win over here.

Obviously the counter to this is I don’t wish to see @trundler have any joy, but.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not being funny but I’m not sure there’s a WC sub forum since I joined that doesn’t have me predicting an England win