• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If it rains all day they should schedule in an extra day at the end or

Be able to play past 6 o clock if time is taken out of the game. Overs are needlessly lost.

There should be those two rule changes in test cricket, it's common sense.

Looks like England might get away with it, when Australia deserve to win.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Shane Warne said:
Be able to play past 6 o clock if time is taken out of the game. Overs are needlessly lost.

England will still lose. By the end of today hopefully

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne said:

Let's schedule an emergency meeting for the middle of each Test Match and change the rules according to the situation just in case there's a chance that Australia might not win.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lillian Thomson said:
Let's schedule an emergency meeting for the middle of each Test Match and change the rules according to the situation just in case there's a chance that Australia might not win.
In the unlikely event that England cheat themselves into a winning position in a game later in the series through the usual biased umpiring, then we can make up for the extra time added to this game by taking it out of that one.

simmy

International Regular
The rain is set it seems. I live 20 mins from London and it is hurling down atm. Tomorrows forecast is the same. We have a whole Summer's rain to fall! It hasnt rained here is months.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
no need for an extra day, the rules of the game should be persevered with, no need for any more crappy power play, sub etc... rules.

And besides if it rains for the next 2 days england will be saved defeat :D

Craig

World Traveller
simmy said:
The rain is set it seems. I live 20 mins from London and it is hurling down atm. Tomorrows forecast is the same. We have a whole Summer's rain to fall! It hasnt rained here is months.
I know some farmers out here wouldn't mind that sort of weather.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
simmy said:
Very localised, restricted at the moment to the south of the country.

Derbyshire are still playing v Durham (Durham cruising at 68-0 at the moment), and that's only 120 miles north of Londres.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haven't they just brought in a rule that you can't make up more than half an hour, or something, because of the TV companies complaining? Because if it went on for longer than half an hour (or it might have been making up extra time at all, I can't remember), then they'd either have to cut to their normal programming and get complaints from cricket viewers, or stay with the cricket and get complaints from fans of normal programming. So they appealed to the ICC and they bowed to their pressure. :glare:

a massive zebra

International Captain
Shane Warne said:

Quite right, it will be a travesty if Australia are robbed of an easy win by the weather. I wouldn't worry though, you will still win the series very easily if England persist with the same team, which im sure they will.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
Quite right, it will be a travesty if Australia are robbed of an easy win by the weather. I wouldn't worry though, you will still win the series very easily if England persist with the same team, which im sure they will.
You whiny little girl.

Got pwn3d by Corey and now you've run crying to another thread.

I've lost any respect I ever had for you - oh, wait....
:p

Am I right in thinking that even if they did get out there this afternoon, and say it was bright sunshine come 6PM, they would have to finish play?

Ridiculous.

a massive zebra

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
You whiny little girl.

Got pwn3d by Corey and now you've run crying to another thread.

I've lost any respect I ever had for you - oh, wait....
:p
How was I pwn3d?

Also, I haven't run crying, you can still find me posting in the Ashes thread.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Disgraceful. It shouldn't be forgotton that Australia are the only team in the history of cricket at any level that have never benefited from the weather conditions.

I'm only 25 miles from Lords and It's brightened up a bit, still cloudy though.

Fingers crossed that justice will prevail and Aus go 1-0 up.

The weather's OK now, they should be playing.

But as usual they are trying to make it as hard as possible for Australia to win.